PDA

View Full Version : anemone stuck in powerhead

PbReefer
12/18/2010, 07:46 AM
i woke up this am to find my lta stuck in one of my tunze powerheads. any suggestions on how to remove it without damaging the anemone or powerhead???

streak
12/18/2010, 08:01 AM
Ouch... well First off.. is it tangled up in outta guard? or is all sushied? inside?
If its inside at least 3 things your not going to like...
1 you need to get some water going for a big like 25% water change becuse the nem is ****ed and probbly sent stinging cells all over the tank...
2 get carbon runing in the tank asap.
3 unwind what you can but if it looks like toast it might just pull off.. Net out any chunks you see.. that you know wont make it.. Gunna have to get the nem surgens in this thread.. by the grace of God mine has stayed outta my MJ600 i have a guard on it but dosent matter they seen to squeez in there.. i know seen some bad pics.. all hope is not lost..

4 after though gotta figure out why the nem moved in the first place will be one of the questions they will ask... Such as how old tank, whats the SG, amonia level, po4 might be a good time to test all that..

PbReefer
12/18/2010, 08:14 AM
i have had this lta for over 4 years now and it rarely moves.
it has a few tentacles in the shroud., it still has good color. i run carbon continuously but i will change it to be on the safe side.

PbReefer
12/18/2010, 08:34 AM
some good news... the lta has disloded itself from the powerhead, now to get it out and determine the damage

bertoni
12/18/2010, 09:08 PM
I shrouded my powerhead inputs with foam for my BTA. The foam was annoying to clean, but it prevented this sort of problem.

Dustin1300
12/18/2010, 09:49 PM
Glad to hear it disloged itself but must have been a weak powerhead;)

PbReefer
12/19/2010, 06:04 AM
I shrouded my powerhead inputs with foam for my BTA. The foam was annoying to clean, but it prevented this sort of problem.

good advice, i will give that a try

PbReefer
12/19/2010, 06:06 AM
Glad to hear it disloged itself but must have been a weak powerhead;)

after i saw the lta stuck to the powerhead i unplugged it. but it does need a good cleaning