PDA

View Full Version : New product

GoPhish
12/18/2010, 01:11 PM
I was given a new product called coraDom Amino A. By Coral-shop profi plus. I'm new to the hobby with a new mixed tank 1.5 months old. Should I use this product. If so I don't have a doser. Do I just pour it in. It doesn't say how much to use. Can I poison my tank if I use too much. It says it has 21 amino acids n their derivatives.

w16227
12/18/2010, 03:44 PM
You can do a lot of harm to your tank if you dose random products.

If you do not know what this is or what it does (and can test to see if you need it) - then I would steer clear.

If you want to receive the best advice - you need to post more about your tank. Dosing at 1.5 months is almost never recommended - as you would not have had time for anything in the tank to stabilize.

Put your basic equipment list in your sig - this helps a lot - and also give us an idea of water parameters and tank inhabitants for any dosing recommendations.

Usually for the rookie - main thing to do is keep up with water changes. This will maintain the most important levels in your tank.

GoPhish
12/18/2010, 04:02 PM
How do I access update my sig

snorvich
12/18/2010, 04:14 PM
How do I access update my sig

click on your name and then access public profile.

bertoni
12/18/2010, 04:21 PM
From a product description:21 aminoacids an their derivates.
Dosage
1 ml per 100 l of water weekly.
0,15 ml per 100 l of water daily.
Dose to water flow
If the description is accurate, it's just some amino acids. I wouldn't dose it, but it might be okay. It is food, and as such will add load to the filtration system. Some corals might be able to take up the amino acids, and bacteria definitely can. What corals are you trying to feed?

GoPhish
12/18/2010, 06:43 PM
Ok this is a little embarrassing. The tank is new. I only have green button polyps

username in use
12/18/2010, 07:06 PM
nothing embarrassing about that. Every tank of the month out there started with rock and one coral. Those corals will do fine with just the light. Work on maintaining proper water parameters for now, and as your coral count increases, maybe start dosing that stuff, but I wouldnt do it till you have a fair amount, and are sure that your tank has been stable for a while and you know what you are really looking for in terms of chemistry shifts.

bertoni
12/18/2010, 08:43 PM
I don't think the polyps will benefit from amino acids until you're running some sort of carbon dosing, or the tank is fish-less and not getting any food.

Michael
12/20/2010, 06:40 AM
I was given a new product called coraDom Amino A. By Coral-shop profi plus. I'm new to the hobby with a new mixed tank 1.5 months old. Should I use this product.

As your Aquarum is very new I would recommend you do not dose anything at all, try to concentrate on keeping temperature and salinity stable and keep up the water changes, one day you will need to dose something Im sure, until then try to keep chemicals out of the water at this early stage.