PDA

View Full Version : T5 Bulb Arrangement on 55g

tripnbili
12/18/2010, 10:03 PM
I'm setting up my 55g frag tank with 4 x 54w T5's and have the following bulbs:

1 - KZ Fiji Purple
1 - ATI Purple Plus
2 - ATI Blue Plus

I was wondering what would be the best arrangement for color etc. SPS corals will be up high towards the back of the tank.

Thanks

mark54321
12/18/2010, 10:14 PM
your tank will look very purple,ATI purple and KZ Fiji are almost the same bulbs,I would switch one purple for ATI aquablue special or KZ New Generation

tripnbili
12/18/2010, 10:40 PM
your tank will look very purple,ATI purple and KZ Fiji are almost the same bulbs,I would switch one purple for ATI aquablue special or KZ New Generation

Yeah, I made a mistake in my order and meant to get the ATI aquablue special instead of the Purple Plus - err on my part for not reviewing the order properly...so, this is what I'm stuck with right now...

Suggestions?

mark54321
12/18/2010, 10:45 PM
well,if that is what you go with I would just alternate blue and purple:

front to back:
blue+
purple
blue+
purple

tripnbili
12/18/2010, 11:00 PM
well,if that is what you go with I would just alternate blue and purple:

front to back:
blue+
purple
blue+
purple

Thank you! I'm going to contact the company I ordered from on Mon to see if I can swap them out, but I doubt it...I guess i'll just order the ATI aquablue special at that time and when it gets here I'll take out a purple and have one on hand for when it's time to replace.

So, to save time, will you suggest which arrangement for when I have the aquablue special?

tripnbili
12/18/2010, 11:45 PM
Guess I'll have to get the ATI aquablue special - just busted the KZ Fiji over the tank..ARGH!!!

So, what arrangement would you put the following bulbs in please:

2 x ATI Blue Plus
1 x ATI Purple Plus
1 x ATI Aquablue Special

And a side question, only a few slivers of T5 bulb went in the tank...do I need to empty the whole thing?

Thanks so much!

Sparatic03
12/19/2010, 12:36 AM
i have

blue+
uvl super actinic
uvl actinic white (probably going to swap this one out for an ati purple plus) <~~ this would be your "daylight" spectrum bulb that has red in it
blue+

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r27/unixhh/51a7cdd1.jpg

mark54321
12/19/2010, 12:08 PM
front to back:
blue+
purple
aquablue
blue+