PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for 29 bio cube

pturski
12/19/2010, 06:50 PM
Im in the process of cycling my biocube and I need some ideas of small cool fish to add. I was thinking a six line, orchid dottyback, yellow watchman goby. Anyone got any good ideas of cool active small fish. Im going to have zoe's, softies, and sps in the tank.

clownmaroon
12/19/2010, 07:19 PM
1.hawaiian flame wrasse
2. purple reef safe lobster- no big 7-8" maroon clown like me, they dont get along and NO gobys or anything thin and small that stay on the bottom
3. black and white clownfish
4. the smallest blue regal tang you can get ( will need to sell once to big)
5. starfish

PiXieCath
12/19/2010, 07:24 PM
Im in the process of cycling my biocube and I need some ideas of small cool fish to add. I was thinking a six line, orchid dottyback, yellow watchman goby. Anyone got any good ideas of cool active small fish. Im going to have zoe's, softies, and sps in the tank.

Don't go with the 6 line wrasse, he tends to be really bully in a such small volume. Take a look on the red elongated pseudo, IMO the only dottyback who is peacefull.

Maybe a firefish could be nice...or a yellow assesor. Take also a look on goby like the green banded or the yashia, they are pretty nice.

PiXieCath
12/19/2010, 07:28 PM
4. the smallest blue regal tang you can get ( will need to sell once to big)

Sorry, but such a bad idea... Why putting a fish in our tank with the goal to sell them in a near futur? It's just disturbing the fish...if the regal tang survive in a such small volume...

clownmaroon
12/19/2010, 08:01 PM
pixiecath is right dont get the tang infact only get fish that are 6" and under that are peaceful.... the lobster is cool that i have but its all your opinion.... i wouldnt keep more than 4 fish in the tank

SushiGirl
12/19/2010, 09:27 PM
2. purple reef safe lobster- no big 7-8" maroon clown like me, they dont get along and NO gobys or anything thin and small that stay on the bottom

The 2nd part of your statement explains why purple lobsters aren't reef safe...they will eat any fish that dwell or sleep on the bottom.

Redheaded gobies are great little fish, and you could easily put a pair in there as your bottom-dwelling entertainment.
Clown gobies would also work.
A goby/shrimp pair.

Check out Liveaquaria Nano Fish (http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=15+2124) section for other ideas.

+1 on what pixiecath said about the tang and the sixline, and what clownmaroon said about no more than 4 small fish.

pturski
12/19/2010, 09:52 PM
Yea I totally agree I would never put a large fish like that in a small tank. I was thinking of a watchman and pistol shrimp pair. I just want my tank to look cool and be active. This tank is temporary until I get a house and a big tank. I got out of the hobby 2 years ago and I just could not help myself to get back in. Reefing is a drug.

Western_reefer
12/20/2010, 12:50 AM
I'd say a hawaiian flame wrasse would be a no go in a nano as well, they get pretty darn big.

clownmaroon
12/20/2010, 12:07 PM
actually the hawaiian flame wrasse that i have (female) will only reach a maximum size of 5 inches if that... but its whatever floats your boat

Toddrtrex
12/20/2010, 01:02 PM
actually the hawaiian flame wrasse that i have (female) will only reach a maximum size of 5 inches if that... but its whatever floats your boat

And a 29 bio-cube is too small for a 5 inch fish that is a fairly active swimmer.

tcmfish
12/20/2010, 01:25 PM
No flame wrasse or tang.

Pistol shrimp goby pairs are awesome in that size tank! It'd be so much better if you could get a pair of pistol shrimp and a pair of gobies, you may have to pair them on your own though, as I have rarely seen those combos for sale and usually if you see pairs its just a goby pair with a lone shrimp.

Then I would probably go with a pair of orchid dottybacks, royal grammas, black cap basslets, or some Liopropoma species.

tcmfish
12/20/2010, 01:40 PM
double post