PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Dream!

lycodon
12/20/2010, 10:11 AM
Hi Guys,
Hope all is going great!
Too much reefing and stuff can be funny; I am going to share an experience I witnessed yesterday!
This is about an interesting dream I had yesterday….
It was like, me and my friends were exploring a forest patch in high altitude mountains of Western Ghats, India and as usual searching for creepy crawly subjects to photograph, we ventured deep in the forest leaving far behind all civilization and human activity, the forest was wet, lush green and clouds passing through the trees, on further walking we came across some old ruins, it was a very old broken house with no roof, ferns and moss growing on all walls, it was very interesting! We searched the house any photographic subjects among the broken furniture and stuff, on further walking I saw a familiar shape between the rubble on the floor, I picked it up and realized it was an old used frag plug with a coral skeleton attached to it, “WOW….what this doing here?” I asked my friend….and he said…”check here...lots are there!”
I was amazed at how could have this frag plug reached here! We searched that place and found a few dead coral skeletons, during this moment we heard someone walking outside the house….
I went out and found that two tribal girls were passing by collecting medicinal plants…, I rushed and asked them, showing the coral skeleton with lots of action “what is this called?” they looked at it and said something which sound like “munga”, I asked where is this from with heavy actions as they could not speak any language we were familiar with! But they pointed out to the deeper part of the forest…
we rushed towards were they pointed out, on walking for like 30mins I could hear water splashing.
We walked to and were totally amazed and stunned!
It was a very rich reef existing in full glory without any disturbance, we were speechless and could not stop running around the lake to see what all was there, it was a fully loaded lagoon type reef with heavy branching corals growing in all directions, lots of colorful fishes swimming by, I dipped my finger in the water and tasted it…..”Oh @#$!, its freshwater!” we went mad at that point…:eek1:
nearby, I saw a small water fall from which small percula clowns were falling….it was insane…!!!
It starts raining like crazy, while we swam in the lake shouting at each other “hey, check this out…” and “no no, u check this out!” the whole scene was crazy….:bounce2:
then I lost bit of the scene… I was catching some perculas among the reeds and floating plants at the outer edge of the lake, here the lake was overflowing into the valley, as I bagged a few clowns, I slipped and fell into the current and drifted in the overflowing waterfall….., I just remember falling through the waterfall holding my percula bag…..LOL, it was a really amazing dream….and I lived every moment as it was real-life until I woke up!

Thanks for reading guys…hope u enjoyed it!
Thinking day and nite about corals, fragging, dosing, DIY, lighting, parameters, water change, etc…..it goes on and on…
u know how this reefing stuff is…it’s just like getting hooked on drugs!:wildone:

flamehawkfish
12/20/2010, 12:55 PM
hi- Thanks for sharing. I like your dream, and you're a good story-teller. I've had dreams (and nightmares!) about my fishtank before, for sure...

I especially get 'em when I order coral/livestock on-line. In anticipation of their arrival the next morning, I'll have wistful dreams that night...

I visitied Maui a few weeks ago, and snorkelled about as much as I could. Those dreams at night (awaiting the next day of snorkeling)- were amazing, too!

zmckenzie
12/20/2010, 01:03 PM
interesting

spamreefnew
12/20/2010, 02:32 PM
makes me wonder if there was ever any fw corals or landlocked reefs?

lycodon
12/21/2010, 01:15 AM
@ flamehawkfish: thanks for ur comments, this was a cool dream, but many time i get the scary ones also where my corals are dying or tank has cracked or something!

@ spamreefnew: But, what if, in the future a freshwater reef is discovered, the whole reef-keeping scene will change, what do you feel will be the scene like?

Shoaling tetras swimming through acroporas.....

bogg
12/21/2010, 01:26 AM
Thats an awesome dream!

Reefboy4life
12/21/2010, 01:56 AM
Damn you had me going, just a dream!!!

Reefboy4life
12/21/2010, 02:01 AM
^ guess i didn't pay attention to the topic LOL.

lycodon
12/22/2010, 01:34 AM
@ bogg: Thanks!
@ Reefboy4life: LOL