PDA

View Full Version : 6125 issue

rgh69
12/20/2010, 01:25 PM
Hello,

Recently I noticed that my aquarium was looking funny. After further investigation I realized that my Tunze 6125 was running in reverse. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it started going forward again. However, after several minutes or hours (random) it reverses again. Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks,
Robert

rvitko
12/20/2010, 02:44 PM
Robert,

There are 5 possible causes, please check the following, I will list them in general order of probability.

1) The propeller blades are broken, check that they come to a neat clean end and the tips are not broken off.

2) The magnet/prop assembly is stuck to the metal shaft by debris or calcium deposits, it must both spin easily on the shaft and slide easily back and forth on the shaft.

3) The front cover is damaged, from the outside under the grid on the outlet you will see a crosshatch, the back of that crosshatch has 4 inward swoop along the inside wall of the output nozzle or "snout" these are what stops a backwards prop spin, if they are chipped or the prop is chipped it will clear these stops.

4) The disk was placed on front of the prop instead of at the back at some point when it was disassembled and cleaned, disk 6065.792 goes under the magnet and not in front of the propeller.

5) The voltage is too low or too high, the ideal range is 107-128V, and the acceptible range is 102-132V. Some wavemakers and flow controllers can lower the voltage in a so called soft start. Also an old house may see a drop in voltage when a large furnace, AC or any heavy load is added to the circuit.

rgh69
12/20/2010, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the very fast reply! It was the disk. I cleaned it a while ago and put it in the front trying to make it quieter. I'll put it back. It wasn't really any quieter anyway.

Thanks,
Robert

rgh69
12/27/2010, 09:40 AM
Hello Russ, After doing what you said and replacing the clamp and the shaft the pump is now very quiet. Thanks for the help and the great customer service!