PDA

View Full Version : Making a Drip

Trapshooter12
12/21/2010, 11:51 AM
I'm new to the Hobby but I thought I might share an easy way to control the Drip for acclimation.

I use the 1/4" hose but I took an old Air Valve from my fresh water tank and use that to control the flow out of the hose. It beats tying knots in the hose and just a simple twist of the knob can make a slow drip or let it run full force.

Floowid
12/21/2010, 11:54 AM
Last time I was in the hospital, I stole when of the drip regulators from my IV. Only do this if you are finished with the IV ;)

Sk8r
12/21/2010, 11:57 AM
Under no circumstances open the bag until you are ready to drip and under no circumstances continue a drip acclimation longer than 30 minutes.

There is another way that works. http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1939508

sslak
12/21/2010, 12:42 PM
Sk8r is there any potential harm using my display tank water from water changes to adjust my QT tank salinity?

I do water changes every week on my display, so I use that as the new water for my QT tank water changes. So far it seems to be good, and in my mind it's a sure way to match my display parameters perfectly in my QT.

Sk8r
12/21/2010, 01:15 PM
Not as a rule, if you have never had a disease manifest in the display. Just mind, if you're topping off with salt water, you'll see salinity rise pretty fast. But yes, that is a way to get convenient saline topoff for exactly that purpose. Just make sure you're disease-free in that tank.