PDA

View Full Version : qt'ing a flame wrasse pair, lineatus and rhomboid

d-man
12/21/2010, 05:17 PM
Should i qt them in the same 30 gal tank or seperate the flame pair from the lineatus and rhomboids? Just got them yesterday and the flames are eating already and the other two are not yet. I didnt know if the Lin. and the Rhom. would possibly be enticed to eat if they saw the flames eating. Thanks for the response.

flameangel88
12/21/2010, 07:23 PM
If they're already in the QT together and not fighting then I would let them be. Took my Rhoms 4 days to eat and the Lin the next day.

Nice pick up and would love to see some pics once they settled into the DT.

d-man
12/21/2010, 07:59 PM
right now they are seperated :flames in one and rhom/lin. in the other. Should i leave them or mix them?

d-man
12/21/2010, 08:00 PM
yeah i got them from the L.a wholesalers and couldnt pass up the deal. They were eating at the wholesalers too.

flameangel88
12/21/2010, 08:17 PM
If they're separated then just keep it that way. Less stress faster for the Rhom & Lin to settle and start eating. If you've garlic at home soak the frozen to entice. If you've some live rocks with some pods on it is even better while acclimating them.

Good luck with them! :)

iamwrasseman
12/21/2010, 09:33 PM
they should be okay all together but the Qt tank may be stressful for them . none need sand which is sometimes a problem with wrasses and Qt but you will need none . i would be concerned with them jumping so keep it well covered and also the flame wrasses are somewhat skiddish and can hurt themselves by hitting the glass at a high rate of speed when the get easily spooked .
my opinion is that they will do fine going into the display tank after a three day dose of prazi pro or you can treat them in the display tank as the prazi pro is reef safe and works well .

d-man
12/21/2010, 10:03 PM
ok so all are eating! The rhomboid came out like crazy and ate. Should i wait till they are eating well and fat before prazipro addition? They are in 2 30 gal rubbermaid tubs that are half full so about 6-8" of space between water level and top of rubbermaid.

iamwrasseman
12/21/2010, 10:11 PM
first i would keep it covered for sure a six inches isnt even close to enough to stop them . i would dose them with the prazi pro asap and get them on their way into the display tank asap myself . it wont effect their eating or anything else

d-man
12/21/2010, 10:13 PM
they can jump that high even with only 4-5" of water? wow!

iamwrasseman
12/21/2010, 10:17 PM
give them the chance and you will have dried sardines on the carpet in the morning . they are notorious for jumping and they are very very fast so it doesn't take much water for them to launch . they are awesome fish so take the proper precautions to keep them alive for sure .
i do wish you the best too !

d-man
12/21/2010, 11:12 PM
thanks

iamwrasseman
12/21/2010, 11:15 PM
good luck they are awesome fish that you have and they will make a great addition to any tank !~ hats off to ya ~

d-man
12/22/2010, 06:22 AM
yeah i'm looking forward to them in the DT. I have wanted them for a while as they are some of my favorite fish. Since i was given a 128g custom tank, i sold my 60 cube and figured i might as well put in the fish I REALLY want. Christmas came early this year!