PDA

View Full Version : How many royal Gramas in a 50 Breeder?

ezhoops
12/21/2010, 09:35 PM
Just wondering how many Royal Gramas I should attempt in my 50 breeder? I will also have a single clown and a pearly jawfish and may some type of algae eater. I was thinking a trio would be cool but the more the merrier.

opinions?

snorvich
12/21/2010, 09:43 PM
Most likely one. At least in the long run.

Jdbrine
12/21/2010, 10:04 PM
Just wondering how many Royal Gramas I should attempt in my 50 breeder? I will also have a single clown and a pearly jawfish and may some type of algae eater. I was thinking a trio would be cool but the more the merrier.

opinions?

As long as they are added at the same time and there are plenty of hiding spots you'll be fine.... atleast from my experience and what I've seen at my lfs show tank...

ezhoops
12/21/2010, 10:25 PM
does anyone know their gender assignments (meaning are they like clowns that they can change or wrasse that can switch)?

agreeive?fish
12/22/2010, 08:30 AM
there is a way to tell males from females..ti has to do with the top fin(brain failure as i cant remember technical name still on morning coffee infusion)

one has a rounded top fin and the other has a more angled top fin..i dont remember which for sure but i think the female has the rounded top fin , the information is in an rc post some where

ezhoops
12/22/2010, 01:43 PM
sounds similar to cardinals or something like that.

snorvich do you have experience with this? (elimination of the weak)

snorvich
12/22/2010, 06:46 PM
sounds similar to cardinals or something like that.

snorvich do you have experience with this? (elimination of the weak)

Yes although my experience with cardinals is that once acclimated, they are solid. I recall someone on here has done it with grammas and the short term seems to work. There was a thread about this; try search. They are a really cool fish, in any case.