PDA

View Full Version : "cleaning' Macro ?

twintrades
12/22/2010, 10:14 PM
Ok i want live macro in our 2.5 gal dwarf tank.

How can i clean macro so i dont get hitch hikers ?? What kind would be good for the tank ??

Light would be 50/50 screw in bulb.

wdt2000
12/23/2010, 06:44 AM
Cheato can be soaked in fresh water and allowed to cool to under 60. I do this before adding it to my baby tanks. Not sure I would do this with other macros, maybe a few freshwater dips. What are you worried about transferring?

Personally I would use some type of caulerpa and not cheato in a display tank.

Is your light bulb enclosed? If so watch your temp as it will really heat your tank quickly.

twintrades
12/23/2010, 06:58 AM
No not enclosed im going to bulid the mini stand with a canopy that will be open toped.

Iv just herd people say that macro might bring in some lil critters that would hurt the dwarfs. I have a couple diffenrt types of macro. One is calerpa.

Meus
12/23/2010, 11:52 AM
Iv just herd people say that macro might bring in some lil critters that would hurt the dwarfs. I have a couple diffenrt types of macro. One is calerpa.

Hydroids.

twintrades
12/23/2010, 07:52 PM
So Should i just do some fesh water dips ??

wdt2000
12/23/2010, 11:14 PM
I would not add anything from a source with known hydroids. If you getting WC seahorses are you going to treat them for worms? If so this alone may help remove some pest from the macros. Personally I would not worry to much unless you know there is a pest on the macro.