PDA

View Full Version : Changing port for Apex and having trouble accessing?

acdraindrps
12/28/2010, 11:44 AM
I have had my Apex set up now for over a month. I originally changed the port to 9090 instead of the default 80, because that port is being used by a surveillance DVR. I also have a dyndns account. Everything was in order, the Apex could be accessed from both remote locations as well as on the LAN from other computers in the network.

Yesterday I realized I could not access the web client anymore on the same network, or from a remote location either. I did everything I could think of until I formatted (initialize) the entire Apex system. After re programming all my outlets once again I went into configuring the network settings. As soon as I changed the port from 80 to 9090 in the Apex display module, I was no longer able to access the Apex from the home network, or remotely either.

Any help would be appreciated.

aquamanic
12/28/2010, 01:24 PM
How are you accessing it at home - do you include the port at the end of the address? Should be something like 168.192.1.50:9090 or http://apex:9090. Same thing would be true with your DynDNS address. You need the port at the end of it.