PDA

View Full Version : The most important cause of the coral's browning

frank88
12/30/2010, 01:08 PM
If we find a little brown corals .. mainly on what we need to improve?
In your experience, what causes more browning of corals?

ryshark
12/30/2010, 01:34 PM
My vote is for all of the above

Aegir
12/30/2010, 01:37 PM
Nitrates too high in my experience

ireefn
12/30/2010, 01:48 PM
Tank maintenance and keeping everything in check along with water changes(regular that is). I voted other

Allmost
12/30/2010, 02:25 PM
SPS needs stability of system and all that has been mentioned above. ...
it all needs to be met to get good results.

phenom5
12/30/2010, 02:49 PM
I don't think you can point to one issue for browning, because there are potentially lots of causes. The most important one is the one that applies in a particular case.

If you have elevated nutrient levels, and browning as a result, then that's the most important cause in that case.

If you have a lack of lighting, and browning as a result, then that's the most important cause in that case.

And so on...

frank88
12/31/2010, 03:23 AM
I don't think you can point to one issue for browning, because there are potentially lots of causes. The most important one is the one that applies in a particular case.

If you have elevated nutrient levels, and browning as a result, then that's the most important cause in that case.

If you have a lack of lighting, and browning as a result, then that's the most important cause in that case.

And so on...

yes, but usually the most common cause ... what is it?

wdt2000
12/31/2010, 05:32 AM
yes, but usually the most common cause ... what is it?

Change in environment.

twiggyb
12/31/2010, 06:48 AM
Nitrates over 20 and mine start going brown. 10 to 15 for me and they look great. Stability is key with anything though. I keep it consistently at this level, or at least try, and it works out just fine for color and health IMO. I feed heavy to both corals and fish.

allsps40
12/31/2010, 12:24 PM
[QUOTE=phenom5;18115230]I don't think you can point to one issue for browning, because there are potentially lots of causes.
PLUS 1

REEF SMAC
12/31/2010, 12:31 PM

And so on...

I love this explanation! :thumbsup:

Thairun
12/31/2010, 10:28 PM

And so on...

+1...............Jackpot!
IMHE think those two are the most cause, follow by others....