PDA

View Full Version : Never again

mcsock
05/30/2003, 07:35 PM
First let me state, I have ordered several times from Marine Depot and Marine Depot Live in the past. Marine Depot Live has gotten my last order. I don’t know what is happening to what I used to think was a high quality operation. I placed an order for a few snails of different types than what I had in my tank. Also on the order was a small Xenia and a Med. Size BLUE mushroom rock. I can understand not having an item, but not what was supplied as a Med. Size blue mushroom rock. The rock is about 2”x4” with 5 shrooms on it. 4 of them are less than 1 / 4 inch in dia. and the 5th is about 1 / 2 inch in dia. ONE of the mushrooms even shows a tiny hint of blue, the rest are just purple mushrooms. That is not what I paid for, 5 tiny buds and only one of them even has any blue pigment on it at all.
Then to add insult to injury! Several months ago I placed an order with MDL, most of the order came in just fine but I did order a purple fire fish that was dead on arrival (the bag leaked). I was told I would get a credit on my next order. That was fine with me. I did get the credit on this order; they gave me 10.00 credit for a fire fish goby, and not the 26.00 that the purple fire fish cost.
The market is too competitive, for this lack of quality. I will simply change to another online hardware dealer and use SeaCrop for my online live stock purchases.

MarineDepot
05/30/2003, 07:50 PM
I'm responding from over here at Marine Depot (the dry goods company).

I will forward this to the folks over at MarineDepotLive (the livestock company). I'm not sure if you contacted them directly yet, but I'm fairly certain they will make this right for you if you let them know what has happened.

mcsock
05/30/2003, 08:06 PM
Should I have to contact them? Should they be shipping cheap products like this? My only actions will simply not deal with them anymore.

MarineDepot
05/30/2003, 08:23 PM
I understand. Business has to be earned. Still, they should give you the proper credit for the goby. That kind of stuff never happens intentionally. Mistakes happen, but I assure you we definitely do want to make it right. Please PM me your email and/or phone number. I'll send it on over to them to at least get you the proper credit.