PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the 48" AquaticLife 6 bulb T5 fixture????

vexeclipse2007
12/31/2010, 09:06 PM
If so....what aftermarkets bulbs did you get? And is there a huge difference between your stocks and aftermarkets? Let me know thinking about ordering some but just want some 1st hand experience b4 I purchase any :) I'm looking to get these bulbs...any good? And what order should I put them in from front and back...
Would these bulbs mess around with my timer on my fixture?? The switch for the daylight bulbs turn on 3 10k bulbs and the actinic timer turns on 3 bulbs as well...how should I set the timer now that I substituted 1 daylight bulb for a blue bulb

2 ATI1105 54W Aquablue Special
3 ATI1113 54W Blue Plus
1 ATI1129 54W Purple Plus

90greefman
12/31/2010, 09:46 PM
So I don't have the same system as you, but I run a suntek t5 54w. I can tell you how I run mine and the order I have them in. First off only two of my lights run on a separate timer. They are the front and back lights. I have them turn on at 11am and turn off a 9pm. I run a blue plus in the back and a purple plus in the front. I recently just switched the front one to a purple plus from a blue plus. I honestly prefer the blue plus more and will switch back to that when I buy new lights next time around. The purple plus is just too purple. The lights in the middle column from front to back are aquablue, blue plus, yellow, aquablue. I just added the yellow(it used to be aquablue) and I can't tell a difference in color at all and it should help a bit with coral growth so I will continue using a yellow light in the future. These lights run from 12pm to 8pm. I also only use geisman lights so I can't answer any of your other questions but I hope the aforementioned helped. Good luck

Hudzon
01/01/2011, 12:11 AM
I have a 6 bulb system and after much reading of the t5 thread and Grim Reefers advice, I have swtched to 4x ati blue+ /1x ati purple+ / 1x ati AquaBlue Special and love it get lots of color pop and just enough blue to give a good depth perception look. 2 AquaBlue Special on a 6 blub may be a bit washed out for my taste.

donkeys4hire
01/01/2011, 04:30 PM
Check out this thread. Any questions will usually get a promp answer.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1706461