PDA

View Full Version : Ca reactor issue

reeferhabit
01/01/2011, 05:36 PM
My calcium reactor is not receiving CO2 from my tank and not sure why. I have adjusted the turn valve and the needle valve but no bubbles showing in the bubble counter. Below is a pic of my reef fanatic regulator. I should have plenty of gas since I filled the tank within the last two weeks. It was working fine and yesterday and then stopped. Any thoughts?

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee111/nole561/da14736a.jpg

James77
01/01/2011, 08:08 PM
What kind of reactor?

Do you use a check valve? If so Id take that out temporarily just to rule that out.

Are you positive the solenoid is plugged in and open?

mc-cro
01/01/2011, 09:03 PM
can you hear the solenoid clicking on and off when you plug it in or unplug it? Your solenoid could be stuck closed, mine did exactly that a couple of weeks ago.

reeferhabit
01/01/2011, 09:46 PM
I tried unplugging/plugging a few times and I did hear the solenoid click on and off. If I leave the valves closed for a while and then open them up I do get a few bubbles initially but only 10-15 bubbles until it stops. Is it possible the co2 tank is out already? It usually last me a few months.

I do not have a check valve that I am aware of. Below is a picture of the co2 tank and reactor when I first purchased.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee111/nole561/photo-3.jpg

Markdadof2
01/02/2011, 12:39 AM
Your check valve is the big brass thing attached to the bubble counter. Bypass that for a bit and see if you get any Co2.

DEXNC
01/02/2011, 09:37 AM
try increasing your output pressure and opening your needle valve all the way, i got the same unit from marine depot some five years ago, three months in my solenoid got stuck in the on position. i unplugged it for about five minutes haven't any problems since

James983
01/02/2011, 09:47 AM
I think your tank may be empty. I know you just changed it, you may not have had a good seal.

tkeracer619
01/02/2011, 09:56 AM
Check valves are pretty crappy. I am willing to bet that when you filled your tank last week water siphoned back against it and corroded the internal components of the valve and ruined it. Seen it happen a bunch of times. Sometimes that water backs all the way into the regulator and trashes it. If your solenoid is clicking i doubt that it got that far up but still. Keep it in mind whenever you take it apart that you remove the regulator all together.

If you find the regulator is bad replace it with an AquariumPlants.com electronic regulator.

What do the dials read? The focus is not sharp enough for us to tell from that pic.