PDA

View Full Version : t5 bulb help

bonomo53
01/02/2011, 12:03 AM
Ima currently running a 4x39w fixture with a blue plus, aquablue special and two stock actinic bulbs. i really like the color but just want it brighter, so i want to replace the two cheap stock actinic bulbs but not sure what to pick .iam looking at either another blue plus with a UVL aquasun 10000k or a uvl superactinic with a GE 6500k daylight? or any other suggested combos thanks

Frogmanx82
01/02/2011, 12:24 AM
I know our resident expert the grim reefer would suggest 2 blue plus, aquablue special and purple plus all by ATI. Replacing the actinic should brighten things up. There isn't much reason to use the actinic when you have blue plus bulbs. I like the purple plus, it really pops the reds. I run 2 blue plus, two aquablue, and a purple plus on my 5 bulb fixture. Even at that I'm thinking I might like it a bit bluer and will swap an aquablue for another blue plus. I had a 6500 on it and thought it just yellowed the tank which does not make it look brighter.

If you like the whiter look, two aquablue, a blue plus and a purple plus should be plenty bright.