PDA

View Full Version : Tank busted got a problem

nova65ss
01/02/2011, 10:25 AM
So my 34 Solona busted at the seam and had to move everything into a tall tupperware container that has original fish tank water.

Set up new tank on the fly and the brand new tank has a small leak at the bottom seam (just my luck:(). Luckily it is drippin g in the back and drips right into the sump. It is setup and running but I do not want to move my stuff in it for two days, new tank will not be here until Wednesday.

They have been in the tupperware since Saturday at 5pm. I have a Mandarin, Tailspot, and a firefish. I have all of the rock and corals in there along with a powerhead and heater. I have a small BTA, huge colont of duncans, frogspawn, some rics, war coral.

LFS said they will be fine in there until Wednesday but w/o a skimmer I am nervous. It is only maybe 8-10 gallons of water and 20 ponds of rock. Would it be a good idea to do a gallon water change a day or leave it be. Or should I move the corals that are not attached to rocks into new tank so they get the light? What would you do? Thanks!

Woodybass
01/02/2011, 10:28 AM
When in doubt change it out. A water change wouldnt hurt anything and might provide some peace of mind.

nova65ss
01/02/2011, 10:48 AM
Kinda what I figured what about the corals will they be ok without the light for two more days?

tkeracer619
01/02/2011, 10:55 AM
Everything will be fine as long as temp and flow isn't an issue.

Make up some water and do a couple gallons a day.

Test for ammonia. If you see it. Do a water change.

nova65ss
01/02/2011, 11:17 AM
Will do thank you!