PDA

View Full Version : rodi water

pauld3
01/02/2011, 04:48 PM
the nitrate in my tank is around 20 ppm. i have been buying water from the lfs to do water changes and and the nitrates hold steady. so tested the make up water for a water change and the water change water tested somewhere between 10 and 20 so i was wondering if it was possible for rodi water to have nitrates in it or should the lfs change their filters.

thanks paul

chimmike
01/02/2011, 05:29 PM
it's absolutely possible. The thing to do would be to have your LFS show the TDS readings of their water. It is likely their filters need to be replaced.

And, at the cost of the RO water you've been buying, a few water changes would probably pay off a ro/di system of your own!

pauld3
01/02/2011, 05:34 PM
ya im going to pull the trigger on one, probably get one from bulk reef supply started to dose vodka to get nitrates lower

paul

scuba guy ron
01/02/2011, 05:36 PM
when i first started reefkeeping I used to get water from my lfs. That started a myriad of algae problems. I'd suggest getting your own ro/di or for the time being go to a better LFS.

personally I'd bring their ro/di water into them and have them test it for nitrates then tell them that that is what they have been selling me!:blown:

scuba guy ron
01/02/2011, 05:38 PM
here isthe one I picked up and would suggest. http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/75-gpd-ro-di-5-stage-plus-system.html

pauld3
01/02/2011, 05:45 PM
ya thats the one that ive had my eye on seems like its the most complete almost just bolt on dont have to buy anything here to install.

sedor
01/02/2011, 05:50 PM
You need an RODI unit...no questions asked. They are cheap compared to buying from the LFS too.

scuba guy ron
01/02/2011, 05:59 PM
that one also comes with every fitting you could need to hook it up. you can even hook it to a garden hose