PDA

View Full Version : Help! Nano cube 28 quad lighting

6-line
01/03/2011, 09:40 AM
Help. Just transfered my 14 to the new 28 and everything with smooth and great. Plugged light hood in and it started just like when I tested it. I left for twenty minutes and upon return only the cooling fans running-no lights. I cycled power and only get fans. Called foster and smith and they're supposed to get back with me.

I guess now I take open the light cover and ensure everything is tight. Any thoughts? I have several light demanding corals and I need light....

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant

john miller
01/03/2011, 10:04 AM
I can't help with the light issue on the 28 but for the time being just put the lights from the 14 on the 28. A couple of pieces of wood stretched across the tank for the smaller hood to set on will work. Kinda ugly but should buy you some time.

6-line
01/03/2011, 11:26 AM
thanks. I opened the new fixture and found a hairline crack in the bulb--must of been small enough to get them lit but once they warmed up the gas escaped or whatever--either way it doesn't work. Fosters and Smith marked it 'urgent' and would get back to me. Meanwhile i did what you mentioned only different--I have the BC14 light hood leaning against yhe side of tank (unfortuantely the actinic bulb went out last week--only the 10K lit) and i have an old Lights of American CF 65 watt fixture mounted against the other side. Hopefully this will keep my Euphyllias and Sinularia happy until I get a replacement...ugh, looked so forward to having setup going full force....