PDA

View Full Version : Looking for full stock advice for my 60gallons

alohaeveryone
01/04/2011, 12:03 AM
Hi Everyone,

I will have a chance going to a wholesale warehouse to shop next week. Last time I go there visit, find out pretty much around 1/3 of the local fish store price for everything. I am looking for suggestion to fully loaded my 60 gallon + 20 gallon sump at once since I don't have many chance to go there.

I have my tank and my sump picture uploaded. Looking for advice for what should I buy this time. I understand there is a risk of introducing all the live stock all at once but I am prepare for that since the price is so cheap.

Lighting
2 Maxspec 160 G2

following is my current stock list.

Invert & fish:
2 clowns (small)
1 blue tang (small)
around 8 hermit crab
1 turbo snail
1 clam (small)
1 electric scallop
3 feather duster
1 starfish

Coral:
bubble
3 heads candy cane (small)
3 heads frogspawn (small)
open brain (mid size)
plate coral (mid size)
sun polyps (around 10 heads)
yellow sun polyps (2 heads)
green star polyps (mid size at different area)
pom pom xenia (small)
toadstool leather (very tiny)
different Zoanthids (around 20 heads in total)

My sump tank is loaded with plants:
15 red mangroves (roots come out, growing from seeds)
3 black mangroves (still small)
Chaeto (big and a lot)
Caulerpa (small but growing quick)

I also have a protein skimmer but not using it at this moment since my friend told me is nothing to clean. coz I only have 3 fishes in the tank is too low in terms of bio load.

Following are my questions:

with a size of a 60 gallon tank and 20 gallon sump. How many fish I could get while still safe?

any corals I should have? i still consider me as a beginner, some hardly corals please.

as you guys can see from the tank photo, my tank is pretty empty, am I allow to get a lot of corals to fill those? any limitation?

p.s. a Blenny and a pair of Firefish are pretty much for sure. I would like to know what other fish I could get together and keep all the tankmate safe and happy.

capt85
01/04/2011, 02:07 AM
Many options, I personally like wrasses for how they always hunt.

I think you should go for something unique and get 5 firefish. When was the last time you saw that and I am pretty sure they would get along.

sslak
01/04/2011, 08:51 AM
Many options, I personally like wrasses for how they always hunt.

I think you should go for something unique and get 5 firefish. When was the last time you saw that and I am pretty sure they would get along.

You don't see 5 firefish because most people here will agree that they do not get along.

Sugar Magnolia
01/04/2011, 09:14 AM
I wouldn't put more than two or three fish in at one time. Adding a large bioload to a tank can cause and ammonia spike, then you run the risk of killing off the newly added livestock along with your established livestock. The biological bacteria in/on the live rock need a chance to adjust to the added bioload, so stocking slowly is the key to success.

The tang you have will need to be moved to a larger tank once it grows a bit. 60g isn't suitable for any tang. ;)

alohaeveryone
01/04/2011, 09:59 AM
Thanks everyone,

Now I know I shouldn't add more than 3 fishes at the same time. What about corals? Any limitation?

BTW following video I make 3 days ago for my tank update, hope you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGbGfE2rq5E

alohaeveryone
01/04/2011, 07:57 PM
anyone has suggestion??