PDA

View Full Version : Vortech MP10W ES Positioning and Programming question

mylifeismyown66
01/05/2011, 03:24 PM
I will be getting 2 of the wireless MP10s in the next week or 2 and just had some questions. I have a 39g CAD lights tank which is almost a cube (pic below). In the back on each side of the overflow there is no rock and I plan on putting softies there because of lower light and flow (already have a toadstool and some GSP). I would prefer to put the vortechs on the back wall of the tank to keep them off of the sides of the glass, but I am thinking the flow would be better having the vortechs on each side of the glass pointing toward each other rather than pointing to the front of the tank. Any insight on this would be much appreciated.

My other question is which is the best mode to use? So far from reading I hear reefcrest is the best, but nutrient transport mode and tidal swell mode also sound like good options.

Thanks for any input!!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/mylifeismyown66/IMG_20110105_161816.jpg

cubsare1
01/05/2011, 06:42 PM
reefcrest mode is good but remember your pump will be running at 1/2 power (flow rate) in this mode half the time. I use lagoon mode which is set up like reefcrest but at a higher flow rate most of the time. Make sense ?

Johnny C
01/06/2011, 01:26 AM
I wouldn't consider any mode to be "best", it really depends on personal preference. I periodically switch between Reef Crest and Lagoon. You'll love the MP10's... they are gonna ROCK that tank. ;)

mylifeismyown66
01/06/2011, 07:38 AM
Thanks guys. I youtubed MP10s for a while last night and found a couple people that demonstrated each mode. I guess my biggest question now is will I get the full effect of the vortechs if each is opposite sides of the back wall facing the front (which is what I prefer). I could put them on the sides of the tank pointing at each other if the vortechs will function better that way, but I think it would take away from the look of the tank.

Runfrumu
01/06/2011, 10:09 AM
I run mine in nutrient export mode all the time. It does a good pulse that sways the corals back and forth for a while, then a good random flow for a while.