PDA

View Full Version : big tank people.. help me with my fish selection

am3gross
01/08/2011, 02:58 PM
so i am in the process of redoing my entire tank, nothing that was in the previous setup will go into the new setup, fish wise or coral wise... all the live rock has been bleached and the tank is currently starting to cycle...

so far the only fish i know i want will be......

achillies tang
pair of mandarin dragonettes

now i am in the military, so fish wont be added right away, my plan is to have the achillies in the tank by april, which is when i leave for a 6 month deployment. hopefully 6 months will be long enough for the achillies (who will be named "OH") to establish himself in his new home and not be stressed out by other fish..

then the 2nd addition which i am estimating to be introduced in jan of 2012 will be the pair of mandarins.

but after these fish i dont know what i want. i know i will research and research some more, but im just not seeing anything that i really like.

so i want to know what fish do you have in your system that u thought was a good addition.

here is some more info to help make the decision easier...

tank is a 210 aga with 75 gallon sump, 2 vortech mp40ws for movement, and a octopus dual recirc skimmer that is gravity fed. tank will be a full blown reef starting in 2012, ( want to get some fish established then move more in the coral direction)

i figured i would post this here so some of the big tank owners could share some of there fish list that they have..

thanks!

mikey

gmigmi
01/08/2011, 04:56 PM
having a well established achiles might make adding other fish and tangs especially very difficult.

am3gross
01/08/2011, 07:23 PM
having a well established achiles might make adding other fish and tangs especially very difficult.

im not real sure that i want to add any other tangs... i have had several in the past, just dont know if i want another besides the achillies... i didnt figure i would have any issues adding other fish that is not of the tang speicies....

am3gross
01/08/2011, 07:24 PM
i just feel that for the achillies as delicate as they are that i would have the best chance of him being his healthiest if he was added first and was able to establish himself with no other threats in the tank