PDA

View Full Version : Confirm anyone?

TriggerDude
01/09/2011, 02:34 AM
hey guys, ive had my tank setup for about 2 years now, everything seems to be going well but when i woke up this morning i seen my spiny box puffer covered in what appears to be ICH..can anyone confirm.. here are some pic
(best i could do and i also made a 10 sec video here is the link)

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/gsxr1000rider/Aquarium/?action=view&current=IMG_0660.mp4

copy and paste for video plz /\ you can also click the bottom button to make the video bigger to help see him..

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/gsxr1000rider/IMG_0651.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/gsxr1000rider/Aquarium/IMG_0657.jpg

i do my reg biweekly 20% water change, perm look good...
amm 0
nitrate0
nitrite 0
sal 1.025
calcium 420
KH 12

im alittle confused on how this could have happen, i never mess with my tank unless for reg care (feeding water changes etc).. the only thing i can think of it stress from the other fish. my current live stock is 1 clown trigg, 1 humu trigg, 12 niger trigg, 1 yellow tang, all have been together for over 1 1/2 yrs.. i recently bought a new tank and i took out alot of LR to help cycle my new tank, so there is not too much LR in my current tank.. could it possibly be from no hiding spaces and he is staying stressed?? he eats like a pig and when its feeding time, he doesnt let anyone eat, he just takes it from the others..swims all day but at night he doesnt sleep he just wonders the tank...
here is a pic of how my tank look as of today..

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/gsxr1000rider/IMG_0619.jpg

120 gal with 20 gal sump...

any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

bucky1168
01/09/2011, 02:08 PM
That is a cool looking fish. From what I understand, most tanks have ich in them but it may never rear its ugly head. I feel that fish are like people. You can have perfect living conditions and you will still come down with something or get stressed for what ever reason. Then when this happens, a nasty bug gets into our system and our bodies start fighting it off. IMO, same with fish. The only thing for me is I have tried one time to let the fish fight ich without treatment and the fish lost the battle. Ich is something I would treat. The only issue is if you take the puffer out to treat then re-introduce him back into the DT, the ich may attach back onto him. But with that being said, I do feel you can rid your tank of ich but it is not an easy task.

bucky1168
01/09/2011, 04:14 PM
Oh, yes, it does look like ich to me. Im looking more at the spots on the body not on the fins. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

TriggerDude
01/09/2011, 07:57 PM
i figured as much, damn bullsh@$....thanks for the comfirm, wanted to make sure before i started treatment..stupid @$$ ICH, its a ball buster headache for sure...gonna use hypo, ill tell ya bucky, i luv my puff dude, but i will nvr own one again, they have a dang cycle for getting sick once a month.. nvr had one problem with my triggs, ICH can find its way to buzzzzz off anytime soon ya know...

bucky1168
01/09/2011, 09:02 PM
i figured as much, damn bullsh@$....thanks for the comfirm, wanted to make sure before i started treatment..stupid @$$ ICH, its a ball buster headache for sure...gonna use hypo, ill tell ya bucky, i luv my puff dude, but i will nvr own one again, they have a dang cycle for getting sick once a month.. nvr had one problem with my triggs, ICH can find its way to buzzzzz off anytime soon ya know...

Tell me about it. I hypo'd my DT and I am just about done. So far so good. I just hope the stuff is gone. I have a Hippo Tang that was an ich magnet of course but he is one of the ones that survived. My original problem was not ich. It was flukes but by the time I could get meds I had already lost some of my livestock. Live and learn. All this could have been prevented with QT.

bucky1168
01/09/2011, 09:05 PM
If you didn't have the white dots on the body and only had the white spots on the fins, it could have been something else but since they are all over the body, I am almost positive it's ich or the correct short name, crypt.