PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Tail Wrasse(Anampses Meleagrides)

bluespotocto
01/09/2011, 11:26 AM
So i just purchased one of those guys and i regret it now. The guy said at the fish store it was a great reef fish. So i got it. After doing research i found out they are very hard to keep alive because they dont eat. My is doing really well and is swimming around picking stuff off the rocks. I want to take this challenge and try and keep this fish. So i have 2 questions. Is this fish reef safe? What are good foods to make it start eating?

snorvich
01/09/2011, 01:02 PM
A difficult fish. But I would feed live blackworms, PE mysis, capelin fish roe. Hopefully you have a large enough tank with enough maturity that you have a LOT of copepods. Any aggressive tank mates? I just checked your other posts and find you have a 75 gallon tank that is rather on the new side. Not to be discouraging, but I would take that fish back. It needs a larger mature tank with a LOT of copepods. This fish is a grazer and needs to be fed MULTIPLE times per day to have any chance.

bluespotocto
01/09/2011, 01:40 PM
I have 2 fire fish gobies, 2 clowns, hoevens wrasse, royal gamma and a pj cardinal. I am also going to be adding yellow kole eye tang and yellow tang. I am going to to see if he eats tonight if not i will take him back.