PDA

View Full Version : Eight-line wrasse, how aggressive are the with other wrasses?y

flameangel88
01/10/2011, 09:20 AM
i'm thinking of adding a trio but wanted to know if they'll get agressive with the current wrasses first. I've 2 female rhomboids, male lineatus, male pink margin and male mccosker. Any differences bet Hawaii and Red Sea?

blface
01/10/2011, 09:28 AM
There's a huge difference between an 8 line from Hawaii & one from the Red Sea. The one from the Red Sea is a flasher wrasse and very docile. The one from Hawaii is from the same family as a 6 line and just nasty as can be.

flameangel88
01/10/2011, 10:46 AM
Thanks bro. Glad I asked. Anyone keeping multiple Red Sea specimens?

treylane
01/10/2011, 04:07 PM
I kept a single male P. octotaenia in the past, he was beautiful and docile, and somewhat larger than the literature specifies for their maximum size. Aside from an occasional display, he didn't bother the C. flavidorsalis trio, C. exquisitus male, or P. carpenteri pair that he shared the tank with before he found his way through a hood opening.

I haven't kept multiples though, sorry. Can't remember seeing a female for sale, for that matter.

flameangel88
01/10/2011, 08:51 PM
Thanks for all the info. I'll wait out for Red Sea specimens. Can I get away with a barebottom reef setup?