PDA

View Full Version : how to setup an ATO system?

reeferhabit
01/10/2011, 12:27 PM
I would like to gravity feed a 10 gallon storage bin to my sump but not sure what is needed. I already have a float valve connected to the sump which was originally plumbed directly to a RO unit.

Do I need anything else or I can just plumb the float valve to the storage bin and the gravity feed will keep the water level consistent?

Ryanimpreza
01/11/2011, 02:48 AM
I would like to gravity feed a 10 gallon storage bin to my sump but not sure what is needed. I already have a float valve connected to the sump which was originally plumbed directly to a RO unit.

Do I need anything else or I can just plumb the float valve to the storage bin and the gravity feed will keep the water level consistent?
from how you are describing this I would say you need a float valve in your sump for this to work. I could be misunderstanding you but it sounds as if you only have one to place RO water into the reserve tank. What would keep the gravity feed from overflowing your sump?

reeferhabit
01/11/2011, 07:44 AM
I already have a float valve in the sump that is connected to the ro unit. I would like to disconnect the float valve from the ro unit and attach to a water storage unit. Not sure how this works. Can I run the tubing from the float valve over the side of the of the water storage unit or would i need to drill the bottom.

reeferhabit
01/11/2011, 03:26 PM
Bump

5ft24
01/11/2011, 05:05 PM
I already have a float valve in the sump that is connected to the ro unit. I would like to disconnect the float valve from the ro unit and attach to a water storage unit. Not sure how this works. Can I run the tubing from the float valve over the side of the of the water storage unit or would i need to drill the bottom.

you'd need to drill the storage unit near the bottom... you need the pressure of the water to get it to flow down to the sump... running the hose over the side of and into the storage container would be less than useful.