PDA

View Full Version : Large Angel tanks...

JTrigger
01/11/2011, 02:31 AM
Just curious if anyone had experiences... I always figured there would be aggression with 2 angels or small numbers, but saw this video online tonight and this is supposedly a 600L or 150gal tank. Pretty amazing although I'd presume there would be some aggression problems from time to time...

http://www.youtube.com/user/RahulBristol#p/u/0/G0DsN_Pr2EI

rnscross
01/11/2011, 04:40 AM
from everything i've read about this (i'm also interested in it) its a matter of what will work short term (some say weeks-months) compared to long term (consensus of 3+yrs) once all the fish have fully matured it is quite different to when they are younger.

However this is just what i have read in articles written by others, not from personal experience.

niles1967
01/11/2011, 07:05 AM
I keep a Queen, Blue face, Blue Ring, Emp, Scribbled, Blueline, Magestic and French in a 350g with very little aggression issues. They have been together mor the most part for 4 years. Once you get past three adding more is easy. I find my tangs to be much meaner and territorial. (yellow, powder Blue, atlantic blue and blonde naso)

The only angel problem I really have is that the Queen really does not like the Blue Face.

Stay aware of the angels potential maximum sizes. They really do get large. My Queen was just a few inches in '07 and is now a 14" beast. The others are not far behind.

Rahul
01/11/2011, 10:40 AM
Hey cool, the video is of my tank. So I'll tell you my experiences and opinions so far of keeping multiple angels in one tank.

As for this tank (80x20x24), honestly aggression is very low, nothing that would do serious damage or make the fish become ill. Many of the fish such as the Rainfords Butterfly, Venustus Angelfish, Multi- Barred Angelfish, Regal Angelfish etc. would not thrive if aggression was a problem. But those mentioned fishes have been with me for nearly a year and are all doing great.

It has been an active effort to arrive at this point. For example I really like Blueface angels and have tried two, but both when they reached about 5 inches became aggressive. And from the video above I have since removed the flame x rusty angel because it kept chasing my Venustus, and replaced with a smaller true Sheppards Angelfish.

As for Angelfish getting more aggressive as they get larger, i'd agree with that, but I have not noticed that with my current group of fish. The scribbled is close to 10 inches, the Conspic now about 6 inches and the Goldflake is now about 6 inches, the Chrysurus about 7. So although they may get more aggressive in the future, at present they are fine, especially the Scribbled and Chrysurus which are very chilled out fish.

I believe I have found a good mix of species of Angelfish for mixing in this size tanks. None of these fish grow more than 12" most of mine such as blue-spotted, blueline, flagfin, goldflake, regal stay smaller at around 8 inches and grow slowly. And none are as aggressive as Queen's, Bluefaces etc.

The most aggressive fish in my tank are the Achilles and Powder Blue Tangs, followed by the Moorish Idol. Of the Angelfishes the Goldflake is the most assertive. I am confident that if I added a new Angelfish or Butterfly now, with the exception of the tangs and Idol, the Angelfishes would not even take notice.

Hope this gives an idea of my thinking behind my Angelfish tank, and thanks for posting.

Rahul

JTrigger
01/11/2011, 11:11 AM
I appreciate the feedback and Rahul, a pretty breathtaking tank in all honesty... you have some beautiful specimens there. Must cost a pretty penny to stock some of those more rare guys like the Conspic, etc :). Do you QT each fish before introduction and how has it been with issues with parasites?

wakeboardgeek
01/11/2011, 11:18 AM
Was there a trick you used to introduce the angels? Or did you introduce a few angels in all at once? I'm particularly curious about the regal angel, emp angel, and queen angel.

angelfish7
06/10/2011, 05:23 PM
Awesome tank Rahul. Ive watched most of your videos.. I currently have a blueface, emperor and a personifer . I Would love to add a scribbled, blueline and a queen. Can't seem to find a nice srcibbled in the NY/Nj area recently!!

lhm nole
06/10/2011, 06:21 PM
Looks really impressive

blface
06/11/2011, 09:04 AM
I currently have 10 angels in my 220. :spin2:

flameangel88
06/11/2011, 06:23 PM
I currently have 10 angels in my 220. :spin2:

I'd love to see their interaction do you have a video of your tank?

jjk_reef00
06/11/2011, 10:08 PM
I've had luck adding small angels 2-3" with larger ones 6+" with no problems at all. They start to fight a little when two angels are about the same size but nothing nearly as bad as my tangs. They can be real terrors.

blface
06/12/2011, 07:13 AM
I'd love to see their interaction do you have a video of your tank?

Give me a week or so & I'll post one. I need to do maintenance today on the tank.

flameangel88
06/12/2011, 07:55 AM
Give me a week or so & I'll post one. I need to do maintenance today on the tank.

No problem and I know the feeling. I'd to perform WC on 3 tanks yesterday and just finished cleaning/WC on the 4th.

blface
06/12/2011, 09:18 AM
Changing 100 gallons today & making the glass look nice & pretty for its new movie. :)

My angel collection consists of:

African Flameback- 1 1/2"
Potters- 2 1/2"
Blueface- 5 1/2"
Asfur- 6" with out streamers
Venustus- 3"
Regal- 4"
Flagfin- 5"
Bluespot- 5"
Blueline- 7 1/2"
Queen- 4"

They share the tank with an adult Moorish Idol, trio of green Chromis, Kole tang, & two sand sifting gobies.

geaux xman
06/12/2011, 11:28 AM
is this the same fish, a Rainford's butterflyfish? thanks!
http://i56.*******.com/z66f9.jpg

http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/images/products/Fish/large/000488_Chaetodon_rainfordi.jpg

edit: just read Rahul's post again. It is a Rainford's. I just dont think I've ever seen them in anyones tank before or even for sale online.

flameangel88
06/12/2011, 03:14 PM
Changing 100 gallons today & making the glass look nice & pretty for its new movie. :)

My angel collection consists of:

African Flameback- 1 1/2"
Potters- 2 1/2"
Blueface- 5 1/2"
Asfur- 6" with out streamers
Venustus- 3"
Regal- 4"
Flagfin- 5"
Bluespot- 5"
Blueline- 7 1/2"
Queen- 4"

They share the tank with an adult Moorish Idol, trio of green Chromis, Kole tang, & two sand sifting gobies.

We are very comparable in number of angels and size. I got my 6.5" blueline back in 2009 when he was 4.75" and now is the boss of the tank. How long have you had your blueline now and how big when you got it? I haven't had luck with the larger bluelines (6"+) and most cases they don't eat or by the time they start to eat its too late. So far I only know of LargeAngel with receiving a large specimen make it. I'm sure there're other success story with larger specimens but far and few.

blface
06/12/2011, 03:26 PM
I purchased my Blueline from NYA around December of this past year. It was already a good 7". It ate spirulina brine the 2nd day I had it in QT. It now eats everything except for pellets. I wanted a large one so the others wouldn't bully it. The MI is the boss of my tank.

flameangel88
06/12/2011, 04:41 PM
Glad to see another success story with a large blueline.

My angels eat all various brand small pellets but the blueline will also eat OSI Spirulina and OSI Marine medium pellets. I've found some finicky fish will eat OSI Marine Flakes first so give OSI pellets a try.

blface
06/13/2011, 01:13 PM
I've tried that brand of pellets also but the blueline won't touch them. It will eat flakes with gusto but ignores pellets. You would think it would follow the other fishes & eat them.

geaux xman
06/15/2011, 09:46 PM
how big do blueline angels get in an aquarium??

i'm looking at getting a 5-6" one from NYA.

ENTMogul
06/16/2011, 09:40 AM
I receive 2 Bluelines on Tuesday. Very excited. The size is what I'm excited about. Will post pics when they arrive. :spin1:

blface
06/16/2011, 09:44 AM
I receive 2 Bluelines on Tuesday. Very excited. The size is what I'm excited about. Will post pics when they arrive. :spin1:

Waiting on pics!! :spin1:

flameangel88
06/16/2011, 10:26 AM
Waiting on pics!! :spin1:

I think he meant next week. I'm waiting on your angel video. The tank should be sparkling clean by now. :)

flameangel88
06/16/2011, 10:32 AM
how big do blueline angels get in an aquarium??

i'm looking at getting a 5-6" one from NYA.

If you were to get one in the 5-6" range my guess would be 7-7.5" max.

My large BL is currently 6.5" and was 4.75" back on April 2009, he's not getting much longer but growing wider nowadays. The smaller one is currently about 4.5" and was 3.5" back on Sep 2009.

ENTMogul
06/16/2011, 10:42 AM
I think he meant next week. I'm waiting on your angel video. The tank should be sparkling clean by now. :)

Yes, next week. I'm actually sitting on a plane right now drinking some wine and about to take off! Its a good thing they're coming next week... At this size they need some serious TLC!:spin1:

blface
06/16/2011, 11:43 AM

I'm waiting on a new Hammerhead cleaner that was back ordered. The video won't happen until next week.

blface
06/16/2011, 11:44 AM
What are they the size of a thumbnail??:worried2:

Sheol
06/16/2011, 05:35 PM
That tank was amazing Rahul. Love that little Regal!
That Scribbled looked like he was the boss though, of everyone..
I know they have been doing this ( Angel community tanks) in Japan for a number of years now. I'm glad to see more people outside of there taking an interest in doing it.

Matthew

madmike
06/16/2011, 05:59 PM
i'm excited more people are starting to do this... I've got a potters, flame, coral beauty, multicolor, cherub, fishers, pair of swallowtails, pair of regals, and a juvi emp in my tank and I am currently on the look out for a small(ish) queen to round out the list.

lhm nole
06/16/2011, 06:18 PM
I have a scribbled ,imperator, blueface, queen and chrysurus all together and probably gonna add a blueline in the near future

flameangel88
06/16/2011, 06:59 PM
I'm waiting on a new Hammerhead cleaner that was back ordered. The video won't happen until next week.

Look forward to seeing some large angels interaction next week.

In the meantime here's mine with mostly medium and smaller angels.
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid75.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fi287%2Freeftankpix%2F100_0363_2.mp4">

I love the FAs a tad more
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid75.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fi287%2Freeftankpix%2F100_0364_2.mp4">

9thwonder
06/16/2011, 10:44 PM
I can't see anything

flameangel88
06/17/2011, 07:02 AM
I can't see anything

I can't see it on the cell phone or ipod either (only see it on a computer) so it may be the encoding. Sorry!

tcmfish
06/17/2011, 09:25 AM
I saw 'em. Everything looks great as usual! Were the lights just coming on in the first vid? It seemed like it was yellow to start and more white as it went on.

flameangel88
06/17/2011, 10:16 AM
I saw 'em. Everything looks great as usual! Were the lights just coming on in the first vid? It seemed like it was yellow to start and more white as it went on.

Thanks. Yes, the main light was just on for a bit when I took the video but I don't think that caused the yellow because I noticed it going in and out now that you mention it. I think it has more to do with the camera movement but to be more positive I'll set it on a tripod to see if it still happens. It's a 2 yr old Kodak point & shoot.

geaux xman
06/17/2011, 10:19 AM
Thanks. Yes, the main light was just on for a bit when I took the video but I don't think that caused the yellow because I noticed it going in and out now that you mention it. I think it has more to do with the camera movement but to be more positive I'll set it on a tripod to see if it still happens. It's a 2 yr old Kodak point & shoot.

those are some nice fish! i appreciate the effort, but how about hiring a professional so we can get a sweet video with something to jam to like Rahul's video.

same with Chris(600g fowlr) and copps

jk.

seriously though, when my tank is a little further along, i will have to get my nephew to come over and do a video for me. about all i know is point and shoot too. some video enhancing makes a world of a difference.

flameangel88
06/17/2011, 10:30 AM
Hiring a prof at this time would be a waste of money with my tank. I would have to scrub the glass and every single rock in it. Maybe after the tank upgrade when the basement is done. Over the past year I've acquired most of the equipments now just need a bigger tank then I'm set to go.

btw--how's QT going with the new additions? Any update pics posted on other threads?

geaux xman
06/17/2011, 10:55 AM
the 2 false personifer and chrysurus angel are all doing great in QT(copper). they will hit the DT in about 2 weeks.

the 5"+ PBT is the biggest PITA though. It went on a hunger strike on me again yesterday. I was messing around with my aquaclear filter and it dumped a ton of crap into the tank. That might be why it is acting skittish and not eating. I did do a big WC yesterday to clean it up. I have it in hypo for about a week now. Had the fish since May 17th. I did have 2 really small blackback butterfly fish in that tank that just mysteriously died after 7-10 days of arrival earlier this week. So i'm not sure what i want to do next if the the PBT doesnt eat in the next couple of days. If it doesnt eat the next 2 days, I might consider raising the salinity. Should I dose some prazi today? Its been thru 2 prazi treatments, but the PBT could've been contaminated after being in the tank with the new arrival butterflyfish(now dead). one of the BFF was eating fine for about 5 days and just up'd and died then the other one followed.

any suggestions for the PBT from anyone? sorry i know this is a angel thread.

no new pics til the fish hit the DT. the glass on my QT is way too dirty.
this is the most recent vid of my DT.
http://youtu.be/pztPvDKJtgQ?hd=1
i did added some more rock.

flameangel88
06/17/2011, 11:08 AM
the 5"+ PBT is the biggest PITA though. It went on a hunger strike on me again yesterday. I was messing around with my aquaclear filter and it dumped a ton of crap into the tank. That might be why it is acting skittish and not eating. I did do a big WC yesterday to clean it up. I have it in hypo for about a week now. Had the fish since May 17th. I did have 2 really small blackback butterfly fish in that tank that just died after 7-10 days of arrival earlier this week. So i'm not sure what i want to do next if the the PBT doesnt eat in the next couple of days. If it doesnt eat the next 2 days, I might consider raising the salinity. Should I dose some prazi today? Its been thru 2 prazi treatments, but it could've been contaminated after being in the tank with the new arrival butterflyfish(now dead). one of the BFF was eating fine for about 5 days and just up'd and died then the other one followed.

no new pics til the fish hit the DT. the glass on my QT is way too dirty.
this is the most recent vid of my DT.
http://youtu.be/pztPvDKJtgQ?hd=1
i did added some more rock.

I don't think messing around with the aquaclear filter caused the PBT not to eat because what ever came into the QT is already in the system. What's the salinity now? How long of a period it took from regular sg to current level? I never had a fish not eat whiile going through hypo. Given that it already went through 2 rounds of prazi and currently not eating I don't recommend prazi at this point because it will only cause more stress. I'm not sure what the other paras are or the environment of the QT I would let it be for the next few days especially you've already performed a WC and just monitor closely.

geaux xman
06/17/2011, 11:14 AM
thanks for the advice.

i did it over about 48hrs dropping from 1.018 to 1.008-.009. It last ate wed night prior to the incident. it dumped a ton of sand and all kinds of crap that was underneath the sponge into the tank. It did eat fine in hypo for 5-6 days.

okay, i will just lay low and continue feeding some of the stuff that is has been known to eat.

it still has not once shown visible ich since may 17th. i just cant comfortably put it in my DT without hypo/copper though... especially with all the amount of time and effort i've spent prophylactic treating all the other fish.

flameangel88
06/17/2011, 11:37 AM
it still has not once shown visible ich since may 17th. i just cant comfortably put it in my DT without hypo/copper though... especially with all the amount of time and effort i've spent prophylactic treating all the other fish.

Sorry to the OP and everyone else for the hijack on this thread. Just wanted to add one more thing.

Since hypo is for 8 weeks so I would take it slow and monitor closely over the next few weeks. Plus, this extra time (hypo instead of copper) you can condition the PBT well. GL!

geaux xman
06/17/2011, 11:42 AM
this video always get me pumped.

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IZxcEgsUtpg?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

so thats the distinct yellow breast on a true red sea regal(10 seconds before the vid ends)?

blface
06/17/2011, 12:07 PM

The only thing I would do is sell that PITA PBT. I got rid of mine along time ago. I would replace it with a tang like my kole. It's still aggressive to new additions but the iso box always ends it. My PBT didn't care. It was death or
nothing even after being in the iso box for 4 weeks. Remove it now while you can.

flameangel88
06/17/2011, 12:50 PM
The only thing I would do is sell that PITA PBT. I got rid of mine along time ago. I would replace it with a tang like my kole. It's still aggressive to new additions but the iso box always ends it. My PBT didn't care. It was death or
nothing even after being in the iso box for 4 weeks. Remove it now while you can.

That's what I'd to do with my powder blue that's in my avatar. Just about every new addition it drew blood. That's the reason I didn't put anymore tang in my 180 but hope to fare better on the next upgrade.

Haksar
06/17/2011, 01:56 PM
Great collection guys.
What do you feed these guys and would love to see the filtration set up.

flameangel88
06/17/2011, 06:55 PM
On the frozen side I mix 5-7 different types (during each feeding) such as mysis, plankton, angel & butterfly diet, seaweed delight, marine cuisine, emerald entree, rogger's reef food and my own seafood mix from the asian supermarket soaked with garlic & vitamin. This way they pick out what they want to eat and I don't need to worry what they don't want to eat. On the dry side various brands of pellets & flakes.

As for filtration I run a bubble master 200 and skim on the wet side with about 230-250lbs LR and 100+lbs of sand. Various powerheads on opposite ends and on the back for water movement.

Kyad02
06/19/2011, 11:02 AM
Currently have a 5" Asfur, 3" Majestic, 3" Six Bar, 2.5" Goldflake,African flameback,Bi-color Foxface,Tomato Clown,Worm Gobie and 4 Damsels in a 110. Tank doing great ,looking to upgrade to a 150. Last fish I want is a Black Tang Bruce

tcmfish
06/19/2011, 06:59 PM
I would get a bigger tank than a 150 for a six bar...

Kyad02
06/19/2011, 09:14 PM
Can't get wider then 18" due to space Believe 150 is as big as it gets for that width. How fast do six bars grow? Mine is almost done changing from Juvi to adult

flameangel88
06/21/2011, 05:44 AM

Ok, got a chance last night to take this video on the tripod and looks better. I should mount the camera on a tripod from now on especially taking video.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid75.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fi287%2Freeftankpix%2F100_0365.mp4">

blface
07/06/2011, 05:56 PM
Here's the video I promised. It's feeding time. See if you can count all 10 angels.
http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/thiellei/?action=view&current=MVI_5407.mp4

roktsintst
07/06/2011, 10:17 PM
Nice Fish Man!@

Sheol
07/07/2011, 05:17 PM
FlameAngel: Is that a Lemonpeel or a Herald's? I couldn't tell for sure..
Great tank!

Matthew

flameangel88
07/07/2011, 06:35 PM
It's actually a lemonpeel halfblack hybrid I got from DD about 3 yrs ago but there's no black on the tail. Everyone else been calling this a lemonpeel so I changed and calling it a lemonpeel as well so I don't have to go into it. I got him a orangepeel for a mate and if it ever works out I don't know what to call their offspring. lol

here's a old pic
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/reeftankpix/Lemonpeel%20Halfblack%20Hybrid/IMG_5263.jpg

ccampbell57
07/07/2011, 08:24 PM
Looks like your Asfur has some pop-eye...any idea from what? Everyone else looks nice and healthy

flameangel88
07/07/2011, 08:38 PM
Wow good eye Chris. I didn't see it till I'd it on full screen. On the left eye for sure and possibly a bit on the right.

blface
07/08/2011, 08:50 AM
Looks like your Asfur has some pop-eye...any idea from what? Everyone else looks nice and healthy

The Asfur has had the swollen eye since I first added it back in May of 09. When I did the first Prazi treatment on the Asfur a small white worm came out of that eye. I don't know if the worm caused the swelling or the angel did it by rubbing on the rocks. It has looked that same way ever since. It doesn't seem to bother the angel & it continues to thrive over 2 years later with the damaged eye.

blface
07/08/2011, 08:52 AM
Wow good eye Chris. I didn't see it till I'd it on full screen. On the left eye for sure and possibly a bit on the right.

It's only the left eye. The right one is fine.:)

flameangel88
07/08/2011, 09:11 AM
It's only the left eye. The right one is fine.:)

Glad to hear the right eye is fine. I had a bellus angel with one eye that was caused by flukes (treated with prazi as well) and she was fine afterward with eating and swimming. You wouldn't even know it unless you were looking right into that eye.

geaux xman
07/09/2011, 08:48 AM
added a 2nd false personifer.n i was feeding them some bloodworms, so you cant really see what they were eating.

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ws8WGEIFZOc?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

geaux xman
07/09/2011, 08:49 AM
double post.

Yurivd
07/09/2011, 08:51 AM
added a 2nd false personifer.n i was feeding them some bloodworms, so you cant really see what they were eating.

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ws8WGEIFZOc?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is that your quarantine tank

geaux xman
07/09/2011, 08:55 AM
I get asked that a lot. No, its not a QT tank. I DO NOT turn on my metal halides, so theres absolutely no algae growth. i keep the room lights on for about 10-12hrs a day and thats it. its a 180g 60x30x23" tank.

the powder brown, blueface and emperor juvie has been in there since about the 1st of april.

the 2 FP were both added within the last 10 days. the powder brown was giving the FP a lot of trouble, so thats why i have it in the acclimation box.

Yurivd
07/09/2011, 12:56 PM
I get asked that a lot. No, its not a QT tank. I DO NOT turn on my metal halides, so theres absolutely no algae growth. i keep the room lights on for about 10-12hrs a day and thats it. its a 180g 60x30x23" tank.

the powder brown, blueface and emperor juvie has been in there since about the 1st of april.

the 2 FP were both added within the last 10 days. the powder brown was giving the FP a lot of trouble, so thats why i have it in the acclimation box.

My friends tank also look like that he has a 660g that he hypoed for 3 months

When I have cleaned my qt I will put up a video ( I want to brake down my DT to put up a bigger one so all my fish excepted my goldenback trigger is in my QT )

Sheol
07/09/2011, 05:25 PM
I can see why they call it a "Lemonpeel" I see no C. vrloki in it. But I bet if you had it spawn, and managed the raise some of the fry, you'd have some C. flavismus with black tails! LOL

Matthew

Hanami
07/10/2011, 06:33 AM
Thanks for your apportion ,that's nice tank

small alien
07/10/2011, 12:25 PM
Here's the video I promised. It's feeding time. See if you can count all 10 angels.
http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/thiellei/?action=view&current=MVI_5407.mp4

Very beautiful fish! Have you considered adding a little more rock work? I think your fish would be more interesting to watch if you had some swim throughs and more sense of depth in the tank. Cheers.

angelfish7
07/11/2011, 05:06 AM
I currently have an emperor, blueface, queen, french,false personifer and scribbled (qt). Wil try to post a video and pics soon. Btw nice tanks everyone.

michael_cb_125
07/11/2011, 08:42 AM
I guess I can post here. While this tank is not "full" of angels, I have had many tanks in the past that were. :)

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t118/michael_cb_125/th_MVI_1015.jpg (http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t118/michael_cb_125/?action=view&current=MVI_1015.mp4)

~Michael

Yurivd
07/11/2011, 08:54 AM
I guess I can post here. While this tank is not "full" of angels, I have had many tanks in the past that were. :)

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t118/michael_cb_125/th_MVI_1015.jpg (http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t118/michael_cb_125/?action=view&current=MVI_1015.mp4)

~Michael

Mine looks alot the same I only have a bandit and a Griffis angel

michael_cb_125
07/11/2011, 09:13 AM
C'mon Yurvd, we need pictures and video!!!!!!!

I LOVE Griffis angels and I am in the process of finding a juvenile, which is much easier said than done....

~Michael

Yurivd
07/11/2011, 09:40 AM
C'mon Yurvd, we need pictures and video!!!!!!!

I LOVE Griffis angels and I am in the process of finding a juvenile, which is much easier said than done....

~Michael

Thy are still in the QT
Here is my best photo of them
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg197/Yurivd/98c4582a.jpg
Tonight thy will get there last prazi bath
My Griffis is about 8cm and my bandit is just ofer 10cm

michael_cb_125
07/11/2011, 09:43 AM
Very nice!

Yurvid, Have you ever seen a juvenile A. griffisi? They are absolutely stunning!

BTW, I love the WI!

~Michael

small alien
07/11/2011, 09:44 AM
I get asked that a lot. No, its not a QT tank.

Please, with all due respect, does that ever make you consider trying to make your tank look more natural. At least a backdrop perhaps? No offense! :spin2:

Yurivd
07/11/2011, 10:21 AM
Very nice!

Yurvid, Have you ever seen a juvenile A. griffisi? They are absolutely stunning!

BTW, I love the WI!

~Michael

I have never seen one this is the only Griffis in SA

nonstopfishies
07/12/2011, 12:55 AM
Man BLface those are some fat fish! That proly keeps them from fighting. I think anyone who wants to cram multiple angels in one tank is going to have to feed a lot and very frequently to keep them all happy.

geaux xman
07/12/2011, 11:13 AM
played with Windows Movie Maker for the first time today.

set it to 720HD when watching it.

<iframe width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M5MLFCM8aIE?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yurivd
07/12/2011, 12:40 PM
I was not abel to take a video there are no lights on my QT and I get off work 19:00

Yurivd
07/16/2011, 04:29 AM
Here is a vidio this is my quarantine tank
And it was just after a water change so the fish are hiding a lot
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg197/Yurivd/bf41fe2c.mp4

flameangel88
07/24/2011, 09:19 PM
I currently have an emperor, blueface, queen, french,false personifer and scribbled (qt). Wil try to post a video and pics soon. Btw nice tanks everyone.

Any video yet? I would love to see some large angels interaction. Thanks.

waterdrinker
07/03/2012, 11:34 AM
Hey Rahul,

I have always loved your tank, and I am getting ready to do something similar. What do you do for filtration? In addition, what is your lighting setup, and how do you keep the live rock looking so good without a CUC?

Thanks!

flameNangel
07/03/2012, 07:53 PM
does anyone think an emperor and an annular is will get along in a 125g with 30g sump

jjk_reef00
07/03/2012, 09:03 PM
does anyone think an emperor and an annular is will get along in a 125g with 30g sump

No way!

geaux xman
07/03/2012, 10:46 PM

My emp gave my chrysurus and two personifers a very hard time. I rehomed the emp.

I wouldnt try it if i were you.

jonros_sea
07/04/2012, 08:59 AM
My emp became aggressive in short order (prolly in two months) especially to the personifer. Maybe if the size difference was greater the chance of getting along would be better. My personifer I'm finding is not that aggressive ; I have a juvi queen and the pers shows little to no aggression towards her.

Triton_Z
07/04/2012, 10:52 PM

Small juveniles, yes.

The trouble is they don't stay small very long and eventually the tank size and most likely the emperor's aggression will cause real problems. These angels grow very large as adults and need large aquariums to accommodate their size and attitude.

I would avoid stocking such a combination in your current tank.