PDA

View Full Version : ok so I was told not to buy fish

Reef N Discus
01/11/2011, 02:39 PM
from that fish place that pet place that is, lol. So I was told I can get the inverts like clams and my CUC but not to get corals and or fish from here is this true? any one out there with experince or any thoughts on getting things like this from this large chain store who seems to have just about everything? Also if not a good source for fish/corlas what suggestion would you sugest one should go to look for suck live stock for his or her tank. Granted I just started my tank a few days a go just looking to price some things out and to get idea of were to go. Thank you for all your help in advance.

bobbychullo
01/11/2011, 03:04 PM
ahahah i misunderstood your post...

carry on...

Coasterfrk
01/11/2011, 04:01 PM
I only buy all my livestock from them love em

hvacman250
01/11/2011, 04:04 PM
I ordered 3 fish and an anemone. All are doing great. From my experience, I would recommend them.

Coasterfrk
01/11/2011, 04:06 PM
And btw they are not a chain store I believe they only have one location in Lancaster pa about an hour from me. Yes they have almost everything. They claim to be the worlds largest pet store.

Holsteiner
01/11/2011, 06:08 PM
I live about 20 minutes from there and usually buy all my fish there since I hate to have them shipped. Only thing I will say is I have walked through the store several times and seen some sickly looking fish in their tanks. I'm not sure I would take my chances when online ordering with them, but if you can go there and pick out your fish I would buy there as I have done for many years.

syrinx
01/11/2011, 06:53 PM
They have been around forever- I know I have been dealing with them for 20years or more. Always been perfect.

Reef N Discus
01/12/2011, 01:36 PM
Well that is good to hear ten, perhaps the fellow who told me this had suffered a bad experince? Perhaps it was at his own doing like not doing a proper qt or his tank parmeters were off? He actually told me to go to Petco and I thought well now this can not be rite, ha ha guess that shulda tiped me off rite there then huh? I mean our Petco's fish are not too bad the female manager in there really does try and take pride in the way she cares for the she is a fellow refer with a 125 mixed reef and about 10 yrs exp if I remember correctly so in that case this particular Petco may be alright to buy from but she still has to folow their bussiness practes to a degree I would imagine? At any rate That fish place is only like 30 minutes away from me as well and I love absolutely love going there its like a candy store for us I just was not sure about their live stock this is my first tank cycling rite now, no nothing in there yet so I was wondering how their fish were, corals, and other inverts like clams and so forth thanks for the input!