PDA

View Full Version : help! Damn shrimp

tiredguy
01/11/2011, 03:00 PM
I just picked up an anemone on the weekend and I'm having an issue with it. My cleaner shrimp won't leave it alone. He's always picking at it or standing on it.. He's really stressing the anemone out and I don't know what to do. Any ideas? I don't want to do away with my shrimp...

thanks

bradleym
01/11/2011, 06:17 PM
If you can build a cage out of screen or mesh or eggcrate you can cover the anemone for the short term. If you remove the cage after a week or so and the shrimp is still causing issues you might just have to pick one.

spieszak
01/11/2011, 06:25 PM
those crates strawberries come in at the grocery store will kind of help depending on how aggressive the shrimp is. I tried everything to get my cleaner to leave it alone. Before I realized how bad the damage was he had picked my nem near to death. The nem split (in three) and that was when I gave it. I moved the shrimp to a different tank, but then my clowns took notice of the nem (where were they when they could have kept the shrimp away?) Then I bought a 30 cube and moved the nem. I have one of the three pieces of my original nem remaining now (new tank syndrome and poor health took the other two) that is nursing along nicely... I will never have another shrimp anywhere near a nem again.

tiredguy
01/13/2011, 06:11 AM
Thanks for the Strawberry Crate idea. I just hope I got to it in time.. :( Honest everyone in saltwater should have one of these Strawberry creates around for doing this so smart!

Thanks guys