PDA

View Full Version : New suggestions to an age old ?

wbdevers
01/13/2011, 02:08 PM
Hey everyone. I know this has been asked over and over, but hoping there are some new ideas out there.

I've got two bi-color damsels and two green chromis in my tank that I want to get out. I want to make room for other species and so obviously I need the bioload space. One of the damsels is kind of a jerk and stays on one side of the tank by itself while the second one hangs out with the chromis and my clowns. I tried the coke bottle one time--I cut the top 3rd off, inverted and then taped it tight. I melted some holes in it so it wouldn't float and to allow water flow. Put some food in and proceded to catch only my purple dottyback (until it figured out how to escape) twice. None of the other fish were interested.

So, having been through that are there any other suggestions? One of my LFS is going to give me credit for them so that's another reason for removal.

Thanks all.

DoubleM 10
01/13/2011, 06:14 PM
i have ahad damsles before. that are a pain to cach. I had to take out all the rock to get them.

i have hear people using thos sagettie bowls cause the have holes in the bottome. but that seems dumb to me.

good luck let me know how u do it

wbdevers
01/14/2011, 03:11 PM
Shameless bump.

Jstdv8
01/14/2011, 03:19 PM
lionfish

gjh289
01/14/2011, 03:42 PM
lionfish

:lmao:

Jstdv8
01/14/2011, 05:57 PM
I sold my large lion to a guy with two big tanks. He told me that one of the tanks was going to be his predator tank and the other tank was going to be his reef tank, well in his reef tank he had 5 damsels, one of which he said was extremely mean, well when i brought the fish over and sold it to him to me and my wifes surprise he acclimated the lion into the reef tank with the damsels in it.
My wife says, my god you can't put that lion in there won't he eat the damsels?
his response....
God I hope so!

wbdevers
01/14/2011, 11:55 PM
LOL! Problem is that they don't know when to stop! It just becomes a buffet to them. Since they are now an invasive species here in the Gulf I'm not a big fan of them in the first place. We've gotten reports of them both east (Orange Beach area) and west (south LA) of us and we are sure it's just a matter of time here. We've had some unconfirmed reports here, but nothing has turned up.

I think I will get either a tiny castnet or gillnet and see if that works! Hell, I may be a number 22 or 24 fly hook and some shrimp. Ultra, ultra, ultra light fishing! May see me "on the ESPN like Tiger Woods and his daddy!":hmm4: :lmao:

The CHop
01/15/2011, 01:01 AM
That is how I got my 2 damsels out of my old tank hook and line. It sounds crud but works well doesn't damage the fish permanently and in my opinion causes them less stress than chasing the little hellions around the tank for hours trying to net them. Just make sure you clip the barb off.

wbdevers
01/15/2011, 11:14 PM
LOL!!! I'm glad to hear it worked, because I am REALLY considering it. Time for a fishing trip!