PDA

View Full Version : Scorpaen caribbaeus?

ashtree68
01/14/2011, 12:05 PM
Does anyone have any information on this fish?

Common name is Scorpion Fish which is less than helpful when finding more information about it. How big does it get, coloring, etc?

Tia.

seahorsedreams
01/14/2011, 02:44 PM
We've had one for awhile now and love his personality.

Here's a little something we put together about them. http://www.lionfishlair.com/quickstats/caribbaeus.shtml

They are a little bit on the shy side, but after a year of getting him use to us, we put him in with the aggressive feeders and he is doing well.

ashtree68
01/14/2011, 02:48 PM
Nice. Thanks, would it get a long with other smaller lions? I was originally thinking a 90gallon with a trio of fuzzy dwarfs, and a pair of clowns. I currently just have one of the fuzzies and the clowns in the tank so could spend time trying to get it to feed individually.

DoubleM 10
01/14/2011, 02:54 PM
hey i live in the area where did you find the fish pictured????

seahorsedreams
01/14/2011, 03:10 PM
Nice. Thanks, would it get a long with other smaller lions? I was originally thinking a 90gallon with a trio of fuzzy dwarfs, and a pair of clowns. I currently just have one of the fuzzies and the clowns in the tank so could spend time trying to get it to feed individually.

Yes, they will go well with a fuzzy. Depending on what kind of clowns we are talking about, they'll be lunch canidates in the future. I've seen a adult fuzzy take down an adult perc. I wasn't sure he was going to go for it... but he did.

He's actually not that hard to feed any more. But I was a little nervous about putting him in with the more aggressive feeders. Currently he's in with 2 dwarf lions, 3 blotched anthias, a littoralis, bristletail filefish, cockatoo and a red fin wasp fish.

When he's hungry, he hangs up-side-down on the return pipe and waits.

I should have more pics... he changes colours all the time.

seahorsedreams
01/14/2011, 03:12 PM
hey i live in the area where did you find the fish pictured????

My area? Or?

DoubleM 10
01/14/2011, 03:24 PM
My area? Or?

no lol i live near ashtree. i want to know what store its at so maybe i can go order one or maybey just pic that one up lol(sorry)

seahorsedreams
01/14/2011, 03:36 PM
I thought that's what you meant. But when you said the fish pictured I wasn't sure if you meant that exact fish.

DoubleM 10
01/14/2011, 03:39 PM
lol naw. i know you and naxmas are attatched to the fish you own. and i can appreciate that. i would never ask anyone to sell their fish unless they put it up for sale lol

ashtree68
01/14/2011, 03:48 PM
M It's listed in the gb I'm doing check out the thread I started.

Renee if you could post some pictures that'd be greatly appreciated.

seahorsedreams
01/14/2011, 04:47 PM
I'm having a little trouble locating them... I'm wondering if some got lost when this computer burped and deleted everything.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll73/hixphotobucket/Our%20Fish/carb500-1.jpg

DoubleM 10
01/14/2011, 08:40 PM
M It's listed in the gb I'm doing check out the thread I started.

Renee if you could post some pictures that'd be greatly appreciated.

sorry to ask but what is the GB?

seahorsedreams
01/14/2011, 08:50 PM
Group Buy

ashtree68
01/15/2011, 11:05 AM
M if you look at the cmas page there should be a thread by me about a group buy. I would give you the link directly there but my laptop got a little wet and isn't working anymore so I have to post from my phone.