PDA

View Full Version : How much and how often to feed?

dabrybry
01/14/2011, 08:06 PM
Just trying to figure out how much/often i should feed my tank. I use cyclopeeze bars. Tank specs are 20g tall, ~22lbs of LR, 40lbs LS, 4 nassarius snails, buncha feather dusters that came on the rock, 1x serpent star fish (came in the rock) 1x bubble coral, small zoa colony, about 40? One elegance coral. One small monte pora coral, 2 small lps frags that i need to get an ID on :P and 2x small black ocellaris clown fish. Oh yeah...2 scarlet legged hermits. What you guys think?

thanks in advance for any comments/help/suggestions

Bryan

fishysmell
01/15/2011, 01:40 AM
You're going to get varied answers to this one. I feed once a day with a 30 long that's pretty well stocked with everything....sorta like yours but with more SPS and 5 fish. I feed Cyclopeeze as well as PE mysis, Nutramar Ova and Phyto for my NPS, clam and fanworms. How's your filtration? Do you have a skimmer? I have a skimmer rated for at least 100 gallons so overfeeding isn't that big of an issue for me.

NakedClown
01/15/2011, 05:41 AM
i feed my corals 2 times a week normal mon and friday and my fish every other day. i have a 55 with 2 clowns a dottyback blenny and tang, corals are 2 acan frags a 5 head hammer, torch frag, a few chalice's, and some sofies. Some people feed everyday, i like once every other. Most people overfeed, just make sure it its frozen bars to rinse it before feeding. just find a feeding schedule that you like, if you overfeed your tank will show it =) i also have a good clean up crew which takes care of the rest of the scraps.

edit: i use alot of variety of foods from Mysis, rotifers, cyclopeeze, algea on a clip,and alittle flake, and my anenome gets some shrimp every week