PDA

View Full Version : having a mold issue anyone else?

kdc527
01/15/2011, 06:43 PM
I have had a reef tank for years now and I keep having an issue with mold on the walls of the rooms the tank has been in. When I lived in my apt the room the tank was in had a door to a porch and one window. The mold was worst in the winter. I think because we had sealed the windows with the shrink wrap stuff. Fast forward 2 winters later and now my tank is in the basement of my house and there is mold growing there too. It is a whitish color where the mold in apt was black. I want to put my new 120 upstairs but my wife will freak if the walls upstairs start growing mold. What could cause this mold issue and what can I do to fix the problem?

Sk8r
01/15/2011, 06:57 PM
A dehumidifier is not that expensive---FAR less expensive than mold damage. I recommend Whirlpool or Frigidaire. Put it in the same room as the tank. Set it to max-dry.

lloydkeller
01/15/2011, 06:59 PM
dehumidifier , go to ebay save yourself some money great deals on new ones

kdc527
01/15/2011, 09:01 PM
I really don't want to ugly up my living room but if that will take care of the problem i guess it could be worse. They sure are loud anyone know of some quiet units. I guess that means one more hole in my floor for that drain too.