PDA

View Full Version : New Seachem mix

sland
01/18/2011, 08:48 AM
Anyone tried the new Seachem salt mix? They provide a guaranteed analysis per batch from what they are saying. Not ready to try it out yet, wondering if anyone else has?

C0rp
01/18/2011, 03:09 PM
Hard to try out when u can only buy it from LFS. My LFS doesn't have it so no way to get it :(
Based on what I've heard so far its a very nice salt.

DeepSeaBeauti
01/18/2011, 03:48 PM
There are a bunch of threads about this salt, Ive been using it for about 5 months now, and i have seen fantastic results. Do a search here on RC, and check it out.

sland
01/18/2011, 03:52 PM
Sounds good will do....what differences have you noticed in your tank from using it? Also what salt were you using before switching?

Capt Crabtabulous
01/18/2011, 08:32 PM
I've been using Seachems Reef Salt for years with no complaints.

COrp I'm not sure I understood your post but you can purchase it any number of places online. Personnaly I generally get it from Drs F&S.:fun2:

Capt Crabtabulous
01/18/2011, 08:35 PM
By the way... No idea the little smiley face was going to be blowing the head off of the the other little smiley face. I'll pay more attention next time:fun4:

DeepSeaBeauti
01/19/2011, 06:37 AM
Before the Salinity i was using Tropic Marine salt. With the Salinity mix i dont have to dose as much, my Coraline algae has just exploded. Beautiful, bright colors, my softys began spreading.... finaly, lol. The only down side is the price. I was lucky enough to get it cheep from my LFS. They had it on sale.

d0ughb0y
01/19/2011, 12:10 PM
I've been using Seachems Reef Salt for years with no complaints.

COrp I'm not sure I understood your post but you can purchase it any number of places online. Personnaly I generally get it from Drs F&S.:fun2:

OP was referring to Aquavitro Salinity (made by seachem).

http://www.aquavitro.com/Products/salinity.html

tegee
01/19/2011, 09:04 PM
OP was referring to Aquavitro Salinity (made by seachem).

http://www.aquavitro.com/Products/salinity.html

I could very well be wrong, but I was told (or understood by a SeaChem rep) that the new SeaChem Salinity is the same as SeaChem Reef Salt, but has a guaranteed analysis??? From what I was told they are packaging this salt and only selling via retail market (thus not online) to help support the LFS. They feel they need to support them because online purchasing has hammered the local stores.

I DO NOT want to spread rumors, but that is the way I understood from the person I spoke to at SeaChem???

d0ughb0y
01/19/2011, 10:09 PM
they are different salts. for one thing, aquavitro salinity heats up when you mix it with water. seachem reef salt does not heat up when mixing.