PDA

View Full Version : Compatibility question

sneeyatch
01/18/2011, 10:36 AM
I've started restocking my tank and am at a toss-up between a few different fish. If you guys could chime in and let me know of any potential issues, I would really appreciate it.

First off - tank is a 150 DD cube with about 90lbs of LR and very minimal sandbed - just a dusting. The tank is / will be a soft coral dominant tank with a lot of open water to allow the corals to grow and for the fish to swim.

This is my intended fish list:

1.) King Starry Blenny (Already in QT).
2.) Royal Gramma
3.) Yellow Candy Hog
4.) 4-line wrasse
5.) Flame Angel
6.) Tennenti tang

Obviously the blenny is a must have, and the Tennenti is my "show" fish, so I'm pretty dead set on those 2. All other fish are considered extra IMO.

My concerns are the Gramma, Hog and Wrasse... I keep decorative shrimps as well but am adding them all first but am concerned that later on if I need to add any more of them that the hog or wrasse would consider it a food item. Additionally since they're all "rock dwelling" type fish, picking and hunting, that there would be territory issues.

If anyone has kept, or attempted to keep any of the 3 together, can you please let me know of any issues, etc.

Thanks for any help!

sneeyatch
01/19/2011, 12:07 PM
Anyone?

sneeyatch
01/20/2011, 07:35 AM
Thanks!!

Korrine
01/20/2011, 10:40 AM
well I just spent the time looking up a tid bit of info and I think they may be fine together. If the hogfish goes after shrimp then just don't keep them anymore or try buying a very large shrimp. If that doesn't work you may have to either forgo the hogfish or the shrimp. 150g is quite a bit of room compared to the average tank. There will usually be some territory squabbles in any tank. Mostly fin flaring and aggressively swimming towards fish from what I understand.

So I think you're stocking is fine :)

sland
01/20/2011, 10:43 AM
Stocking list looks good. The only thing wrong might be the hog after he gets settled and you want to add some more mobile inverts, might get a snack, but from what I have talked to some other hobbyists is that they are just fine with shrimps/crabs as long as they are introduced first, and later if the hog is kept happy and full, good luck with it!