PDA

View Full Version : Question about Windex

jherrin215
01/19/2011, 04:24 PM
I have always used Ammonia free windex to clean the outside of my tanks but was wondering if it was safe enough for me to use the empty bottle filled with only vinegar and water to clean the inside of a tank I'm fixing to set up as a sump. I need a spray bottle and it's 30 minutes each way to town. This is already empty so I thought I's see what everyone had to say. If it will be bad I won't risk it, just finish another day. Thanks

seapug
01/19/2011, 04:48 PM
I personally would avoid using any plastic bottle that once contained a household cleaner. Is there a reason why you can't just use a bucket of hot water & vinegar and a tank scrubbing pad?

jherrin215
01/19/2011, 05:02 PM
Well no not really, I don't have a tank scrubbing pad but the bucket of water and vinegar does sound like the smarter way to go. No reason to risk it I guess. Thanks

mgoblue
01/19/2011, 05:09 PM
Same thing goes for the bucket - make sure it never contained harmful chemicals.

jherrin215
01/19/2011, 05:33 PM
yeah it would be one of my water change buckets, but I've found a bottle of aquarium cleaner that I got with an old FW tank I had. Just using it. Thanks all