PDA

View Full Version : just got my new baby!

mallorieGgator
01/19/2011, 07:52 PM
Just went down Monday and picked up a possum wrasse from Wide World Corals. He's looking good so far. I heard that they are harder to acclimate. He's a little shy right now and comes out but when I go to the tank he cruises around behind the rocks and won't come out until I'm gone. He was NOT shy at the store and was eating, out in the open, etc (they had him for over 2 weeks). I know it's still early and he's adjusting, I just wanted to see if anyone has any advice on how to make his adjustment easier on him. Thanks!

snorvich
01/19/2011, 08:31 PM
Possum wrasses are cryptic by nature. What you are seeing is his natural behavior.

mallorieGgator
01/19/2011, 08:48 PM
ahhh! lol...all that money spent on a fish that will cruise around behind the rocks...oh well, when I do see him, he makes me smile so it was worth it. :) Thanks for the info!

snorvich
01/19/2011, 10:04 PM
Actually, they are excellent fish. I enjoy mine despite the fact that he only shows himself rarely.

mallorieGgator
01/19/2011, 10:39 PM
Yeah, he's very cool. He's pretty small now so once he gets bigger, I'm sure I'll be able to see him a little more often. lol.

nickman
01/20/2011, 01:42 AM
give him some time, even shy fish can learn to associate you with a free meal. If he was out in front of the tank in a LFS with alot of traffic past his tank im sure once he settles in you'll see him alot more.

mallorieGgator
01/20/2011, 12:00 PM
Thanks! What are some clam wrasses that would be ok to put in with him (would add 2 more max to the tank)? He's in a 55 gallon with a pair of clowns and a lawnmower blenny.