PDA

View Full Version : Crossha Hatch Triggers hiding

fsbbn@hotmail
01/20/2011, 01:29 AM
I have a pair of cross hatch triggers that have been hiding for the past three days. They move from one hiding spot to another but hide. No other fish in the over two thousand gallong tank show signs of illness. Does someone have expirence with this? what could it be? I don't think any other fish is harrasing them.

geaux xman
01/20/2011, 02:54 AM
I have no experience with the crosshatch, but i know my bluejaw likes to hide.

how big are they? this is newly inserted into the tank?

colgan10
01/20/2011, 09:09 AM
The triggers in my experience will hide with first introduced to the tank. Once they associate you with food, they will be out all the time. Newly added ones will sulk and hide at first tho, just give them time.

coolname1
01/20/2011, 10:33 AM
Not sure how long you had the fishes but my bluejaw hid for over a week when I first introduced it to the tank. I hope yours don't have any problem cuz they are pretty pricey arent they?

fsbbn@hotmail
01/20/2011, 01:48 PM
I have had the triggers for about a month and half now. I QTd them for a month and they have been in the new tank for 20 days. They seemed to swim about a lot in the first week but now they prefer to hide in the rocks. No other fish (about 30) in the tank show any sign of discomfort. the funny thing is that it is both the male and the female behaving like this. They also like to hide together.