PDA

View Full Version : 20-30 gal Clown Tank Ideas

CWbeast22
01/20/2011, 06:14 AM
Does anyone have sugestions as to other fish or marine life that will do well in a small tank with 2 clown and an anemone? I want to have 2-5 small inverts *(i.e. Snails, Shrimp, Crabs) but i'd also like to have 1-2 more fish. Maybe have a deep sand bed w/ a gobi or something of that nature.

merkexpress
01/20/2011, 07:35 AM
Clown gobys are a nice touch. Maybe some sort of dotty back as well.

greech
01/20/2011, 07:36 AM
What kind of anemone? Assume bubble tip? There is always a risk of losing fish when you add an anemone, especially to a smaller tank. If you get a rock dwelling nem, somethingli like a watchmen goby or a jawfish would be a fairly safe addition since the live on the bottom and burrow.

If you want corals, they are also at risk as chances are the nem will eventually walk and even bubble tips get fairly large. If you are set on going with a 30 gallon and you want a nem, you may want to consider a clown/nem species only tank.

The nem should not be added until your tank has matured (most recommend 6 months minimum). Nems are not beginner animals by any means so take the time to do some research on the specific species you are interested in.

pugcrush
01/20/2011, 07:38 AM
You checked into a gobies that pair up with pistol shrimps yet? That'd be nice. What will be the tank dimensions?

sslak
01/20/2011, 10:02 AM
What about the 40-80 range?

I have a 58g ;) Us moderate reefers get no love...not a nano and not enormous so no one cares lol.

Toddrtrex
01/20/2011, 10:13 AM
What type of clowns? Some clowns can/will become very aggressive once they start spawning -- that is the reason I sold my pink skunk pair, they took over my 58.

CWbeast22
01/21/2011, 06:01 AM
Thanks for all the Idea's guys!