PDA

View Full Version : 9010.04fail

cherie3001
01/21/2011, 05:20 PM
Hi Roger.I'm so sorry for your loss and hope things are on the upswing.:sad1:I have returned from a visit with the grandkids in Oregon to find that my 9010 skimmer has not been working for > 10 days.Unfortunately, my amazing spouse did not notice this and has kept feeding my new herd of anthias at the usual rate...ie:a lot.My clam is dead,corals are looking poorly-massive water changes are in progress,but I need help.It seems that the impeller is bad and I can't seem to find where to get a new one without replacing the entire magnetic drive.Can you advise? cherie

rvitko
01/21/2011, 05:30 PM
Cherie,

Is it just the impeller blade you need? Sometimes the D shaped hole the shaft of the magnetic drive unit goes through will round out from the impeller being snagged by a snail for example. If it is more than just the blades it is best to get the full drive unit. You can order it on Tunze.com and it will ship UPS from Austin on Monday, blades are 0235.120, drive unit is 3000.600. If the skimmer is less than 2 years old and this is a warranty problem, PM me your address.