PDA

View Full Version : Red Slime removal

dirk_brijs
01/21/2011, 11:58 PM
Guys
am getting ready to medicate my tank with UtraLife red slime remover.
Question is my DT is full of Red Slime but not my fuge so would you guys recommend to shut of my fuge from the system and just let the medication run through the Sump and DT or just let it run through the entire system?
Yes I know some of you are against the chemical solution and yes I know I will have to take away the source (I kinda am 90% sure though the sources was added from outside) so I am here now and have decided on it allready.
So what you guys recon only run it through DT? run it through DT and sump? or run it through entire system DT, fuge and Sump?

Percula9
01/22/2011, 01:05 AM
Remove as much slime as possible before you treat. If you don't, the dead slime will release the nutrients back into the water. Remove any carbon and shut down your skimmer. Have carbon and water ready when your done treating. I would do at least a 50% water change and add the carbon to help remove the medicant. Your skimmer may over foam so turn it down for a while.

dirk_brijs
01/22/2011, 02:36 AM
question was more in what to treat only DT or entire system? meaning shutting of my return or should I let everything run?

droth335
01/22/2011, 06:13 AM
I would treat the entire system.

dirk_brijs
01/22/2011, 10:51 AM
did so allready
will keep you guys posted on how it worked.
Cleaned my glass and siphoned out as much as possible now sit back and wait 48hrs.