PDA

View Full Version : Lost one B&W clown....add another?

arctictwist
01/22/2011, 06:42 PM
I had what i thought was a pair. I got them as juvs and kept them alone for about 1 year in their own tank. One jumped recently. If i add a new one what are the chances they will become a pair?

KillerReef
01/22/2011, 06:53 PM
I would say quite good, IME. I had a pair of black clowns and one day the female mysteriously died. Anyways, Ramzy gave me his small percula and initially the new fish wanted in the anenomes(I have three due to splitting) but the existing black clown was a selfish jerk and would not share even one of them. After about a month and being very persistent, the small one made it into the anemones and they are a "pair".

No mating yet, but the original black clown, which was the male has at least doubled in size and is now, I'm pretty sure, the female. The perc is still small and less than half the size of the other.

KillerReef
01/22/2011, 06:55 PM
BTW, how are you doing Ken, miss you over at Tom's site. JP has been running the contests. TOTM just closed today for voting.

stovenut
01/22/2011, 06:56 PM
You've got a good shot at it. Buy a smaller one to the one you have. I'm assuming you don't have other clowns in the tank. If you do have other clowns, especially other false percs, I would avoid adding another.

arctictwist
01/22/2011, 07:20 PM
Im good. Been meaning to pop in over there. Ive recently got some time to get some stuff done on mine set up. School and work has been crazy. As a matter of fact, i think ill pop over there now. lol.

No other clowns, ive been waiting to add these to the main until i get a hammer or frogspawn for them to host.