PDA

View Full Version : New To the hobby Need Info help

Fatso_TRE
01/22/2011, 10:25 PM
I just started tot he hobby about 7 mounth ago i got a 14G bio Qube Well to day i got a offer i could pass up at my pet store i got a 75g Saltwater tank with over flow and t5 Lighting set up with 4 T5 light bulbs and Stand all for $500.00 NEW. now im looking for a filter set up i was given a Megaflow sump it just about the same size as my new 75G tank but it has a Small Crack in it im trying to fix. How ever if i cant fix it I can get a Proflex Sump Model 1 Rated for 45-55G tank for $150 new in box. Now i want to know if this would work for my 75G Tank or should i just get Model 2 Rated for 55-75 Tank. im kind of new to this im going to make my im going to move all my Frags out of my small tank in to this one when its set up and going after a few weeks. Any help would be Good thanks

tkeracer619
01/22/2011, 10:46 PM
get some "weld on".

It is a acrylic solvent that will fix it.

if its a crack and not a chunk missing then weld on 3 or 4 will work just fine.

if its a chunk then weld on 40 should get it all back into one piece.

moondoggy4
01/23/2011, 02:00 PM
Welcome to Reef Central! Fix what you can use what you have so you save money so you can buy what you need. It looks like you need a skimmer, that can be one of the most daunting and confusing decisions to make, there are so many. The best way is to make a decision.
What size tank' PS I know it is a 75 gallon
How much room do you have to put the skimmer in
How much money do you have to spend?
How quiet?