PDA

View Full Version : MP40W: Blinking red light?

newbie916
01/24/2011, 10:03 PM
Hi everyone,

I bought a used MP40W that was working fine for the last few weeks. Today I was doing my normal tank maintenance and when I turned the pump back on it started blinking red and alternates back and forth to white.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the different configurations and was wondering how to reset the pump. I just use the Reef Crest mode and don't have slave pumps. Could you guys help me figure out how to fix this thing. I really hope that it's not fried and I need to drop more money into this thing.

Thanks
Chris

Mike31154
01/24/2011, 10:26 PM
Check the EcoTech web site FAQ page, it should help you solve the problem. All the manuals are there as well in a format you can download. They also have their own forum on this site and are generally quite helpful with any problems you may have even if the pump is a used one. Here's the link to their FAQ page on error codes.

http://ecotechmarine.com/faq/troubleshooting/q-my-pumps-driver-is-blinking-what-do-the-different-led-error-codes-indicate/

liquidplumber
01/24/2011, 10:43 PM
My MP 40 did the same thing 2 months ago and I ended up replacing the controller with a new one from echotech webpage for $110 and has been fine ever since. The new controller also has an on off switch so you don't have to unplug it anymore.

tkeracer619
01/25/2011, 09:03 PM
Contact customer support. It should be fixable without money.