PDA

View Full Version : Just got my NEW ATI bulbs..Question?

vexeclipse2007
01/25/2011, 11:42 AM
Can I install them all at once? Or should I do a couple bulbs at a time so everything in tank gets acclimated properly? Whats your thoughts on how to do this?

Beaun
01/25/2011, 11:44 AM
You can either do one every other day, or all at once and cut back the photoperiod and add an hour every few days till you are back to your normal photoperiod.

NeverlosT
01/25/2011, 02:27 PM
I tend to be pretty impatient and I just installed them all. IMO doing this with T5s isnt as bad as swapping old halide bulbs with new, but I dont have any numbers to back that up.

Beaun has an easy solution, install all and backoff on photoperiod for a bit, good call

AquaReeferMan
01/25/2011, 03:21 PM
I tend to change them all at once as well. I dont adjust the light cycle either. It doesnt bother my SPS.

What type of corals do you have? A lot of people will lay down layers of window screen and remove a layer every couple of days to a week or simply shorten your light cycle.

vexeclipse2007
01/25/2011, 04:28 PM
I tend to change them all at once as well. I dont adjust the light cycle either. It doesnt bother my SPS.

What type of corals do you have? A lot of people will lay down layers of window screen and remove a layer every couple of days to a week or simply shorten your light cycle.

just have duncans, zoanthids and candy cane