PDA

View Full Version : Mantis Advise

billrob71
01/25/2011, 01:50 PM
Hello all

I had a small green mantis for about a year and had problem with the light, and it fell in the tank and killed my little shrimp. Was a VERY SAD DAY.

I have been searching and searching and talking with my local fish store telling them if they had a chance to get one just get it for me and let me know. Well was talking to a fellow reef keeper that was getting out of the hobbie and told me he had one and if I want to come get it so I jumped at the chance to get another one of these little guys. Went and picked him up yesterday and not sure of the what the offical name is but it is a smasher. It's a nice deep red about 3 inches and very active already eating even though I took it out of it's happy home. Now the delema :lol2: went to my LFS today and what comes but real pretty 4 inch peacock :thumbsup: SO excited having none now have 2 but I only have a tank set up for one.

Has anyone ever house 2 different species of mantis in the same tank. Or do I need to set up another tank?? I have some experience with them but not 2 at the same time. The currant tank is a small acrylic but I have a bigger one ready just need to move things around.

Sorry no pics yet the peacock is still at the store gonna try and pick him up tonight.

ritter6788
01/25/2011, 02:08 PM
Pick one or the other. You won't be able to keep both in the tank together.

billrob71
01/25/2011, 02:15 PM
I didn't think I was gonna be able to but not being 100% sure didn't want to take a chance.

Looks like I'll have 2 mantis tanks :fun2: