PDA

View Full Version : Conch Dead? URGENT!

Kaneda215
01/27/2011, 07:36 PM
I just got back from a 4 day vacation and everything seemed fine, but the conch was just chilling in one spot. I think. Yesterday (2nd day back from vacation) I picked him up to smell him and he didn't stink. I put him back in upside down to see he would flip himself over, and today he is in the same position and my peppermint shrimp is sort of picking in his shell. The shrimp has been doing this for awhile now... so I'm afraid he may be dead?

Also, I just introduced a clown on Tuesday and the firefish and him seem fine. Although, I'm noticing a bunch of white dots on both of them and can't tell if they're just micro bubbles or not. The micro bubbles should be shaken off while swimming right? I hope I didn't introduce ich into the tank via the clown.

Not sure if this is worth adding, but both fish sort of hide under my big cave, and venture out only once in awhile.

Please help, I need to know if I should take out the conch and/or clown.

Michael7979
01/27/2011, 08:11 PM
I would remove the conch.
If you did introduced ich to the tank taking the fish out WILL NOT help now.

jasoncw
01/28/2011, 10:07 AM
Actually, taking all the fish out will help rid the DT of ich, since it needs fish to host, or it will die off. But I believe this takes a couple months, so you would need to be able to house your 2 fish and treat them for a couple months.

Kaneda215
01/28/2011, 04:45 PM
And what if taking the fish out isn't an option? Just stress them as little as possible so that they build up an immunity?

Chipie
01/28/2011, 04:48 PM
And what if taking the fish out isn't an option? Just stress them as little as possible so that they build up an immunity?

Yes and feed them well and soak food in some garlic additive to boost the immune system. That and good water quality of course. And yes as little stress as possible :)