PDA

View Full Version : Feather Duster Question

deesim105
01/28/2011, 12:53 AM
I have a feather duster that is doing very well in my tank. He is about 3 inches in diameter. But I went to turn the halides off just now and he is gone, I took the flashlight and can't see him anywhere.. Is this a normal behavior for a feather duster.. I hope he is okay.

I tested water 2 days ago, and all is well (i have to bring my KH up a touch, but all is well besides that)

Thanks

thegrun
01/28/2011, 09:11 AM
Gone as in retracted back into it's tube or gone as in you can't find it? Feather dusters will often retract when they feel threatened (like the lights turning off).

deesim105
01/28/2011, 10:14 AM
Gone, as in the tube is gone and all.. he was well established where he was too.. nothing else is stressed or looking stressed, he is just gone.

Tankmates are,
-2 true percula clowns
-1 lawnmower blenny
-1 sand-sifting star
-1 brittle star
-1 sand dollar
-and CUC

I have a 90 gallon, 30 gallon sump set up is being done slowly to minimize problems.

Thanks for your reply, I am going to have a look with a flashlight before the actinics turn on.

wbdevers
01/28/2011, 11:19 AM
I have heard of them leaving their tube and relocating in rare occasions, but defo not the norm.

Neogenocide
01/28/2011, 01:15 PM
I've had mine disappear for nearly 2 weeks before....the end of his tube was still visible, but he didn't make a appearance for quite a while. Then one say he was back and looking as good as ever. He may just be migrating to a place he think he'll like better. Mine moved 1/2 way across a 46g bow till it settled down.

Scott