PDA

View Full Version : CAD Lights new LED

eastcoaster1
01/28/2011, 05:17 PM
Comments on CAD lights new LED fixture? I'm not really dialed into LED technology, but seems like a great deal to the
LED novice.

http://www.cadlights.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=42

James404
01/28/2011, 05:32 PM
Looks like they jumped on the bandwagon rebranding the 1w chinese led fixtures that are same as reefkoi and the rest. The other fixtures have no mention of what type of led's they are using or any other specs besides wattage.

eastcoaster1
01/29/2011, 01:55 PM
I haven't seen other fixtures out there that look like this one, plus it appears to have good features i.e. dimming. Not saying is isn't a rebranded product, but that's not always a bad thing if the 'original' was decent.
Would the dimmer work with a controller to simulate a dawn to dusk effect? The mention of a 'remote control' implies you stand back, adjust the lighting to the desired setting and just leave it there.

mylifeismyown66
01/29/2011, 02:15 PM
I have the CAD Lights fixture and LOVE it. The color I get from my corals are insane. One switch controls actinic and the other controls the 10k which is different. I have seen fixtures that look almost exactly like mine, but some only had 1 switch, and the others switch on and off certain sections of the fixture so you cant control actinic and 10k individually. I also know CAD says their fixture being 120w is equivalent in PAR and Lumens to a 250w radium HQI. All in all I love the fixture. Bonus is the bulbs should last a very long time and there is hardly any heat. Sorry for the rambling, just woke up from a nap, but I hope this helps!

b16drag
01/29/2011, 08:09 PM
Looks like they jumped on the bandwagon rebranding the 1w chinese led fixtures that are same as reefkoi and the rest. The other fixtures have no mention of what type of led's they are using or any other specs besides wattage.

Lots o haters! :frog:

slate55
02/03/2011, 11:23 PM
I have the CAD Lights fixture and LOVE it. The color I get from my corals are insane. One switch controls actinic and the other controls the 10k which is different. I have seen fixtures that look almost exactly like mine, but some only had 1 switch, and the others switch on and off certain sections of the fixture so you cant control actinic and 10k individually. I also know CAD says their fixture being 120w is equivalent in PAR and Lumens to a 250w radium HQI. All in all I love the fixture. Bonus is the bulbs should last a very long time and there is hardly any heat. Sorry for the rambling, just woke up from a nap, but I hope this helps!

Do you have a separate plug for white and blue LEDs for timer control?

Laborator
09/17/2011, 02:18 PM
Thinking about getting this one, I have a 36x16x16 tank and I think this is perfect for the depth.