PDA

View Full Version : Koralia experts...

Drewbaby
01/29/2011, 09:45 AM
Are there any koralia pros out there that can recommend what size and how many I should put in my 55gal 48" mixed reef with SPS, LPS, and softies?

tozzi
01/29/2011, 09:51 AM
Really depends on how your rock work and return plumbing is set up. 2-3 of the number 4's would prob be a good start. Then just play around with placement

Felixc395
01/29/2011, 09:52 AM
Two mag fives would be a good start. Would give you a nice 3,700 gph. This would be pretty good for SPS with some 65x turnover rate. How many softies and LPS are you keeping. They may find the flow too much and unneccesary actually.

Plus they're almost half off on aquarium speciality.

Drewbaby
01/29/2011, 03:20 PM
I've got a good mix of zoas, maybe 5 decent colonies, a mini colony frogspawn, a torch, a devils hand, bunch of shrooms scattered everywhere, a LT anemone, a nice size colony of duncans, a 3" alien eye chalice, a 12"x8" tyree blue chalice, a 3" bright green chalice, a mini colony of meteor shower, some blue ricordia, a 6"x4" red cap, a 5" colony and a 3" colony of ponape birdsnest, a 3"neon green cap, a 7"x7" maze brain, a 4" rock covered in yellow stone polyps, a 5" dark purple and blue chalice similar to Tyree's blue, some pink pom pom Xenia on back glass, and then I have the frags of pearlberry, tricolor, deep purple, and unknown deepwater on a frag rack in higher light and flow as a temporary.

Drewbaby
01/29/2011, 04:35 PM
I've got a good mix of zoas, maybe 5 decent colonies, a mini colony frogspawn, a torch, a devils hand, bunch of shrooms scattered everywhere, a LT anemone, a nice size colony of duncans, a 3" alien eye chalice, a 12"x8" tyree blue chalice, a 3" bright green chalice, a mini colony of meteor shower, some blue ricordia, a 6"x4" red cap, a 5" colony and a 3" colony of ponape birdsnest, a 3"neon green cap, a 7"x7" maze brain, a 4" rock covered in yellow stone polyps, a 5" dark purple and blue chalice similar to Tyree's blue, some pink pom pom Xenia on back glass, and then I have the frags of pearlberry, tricolor, deep purple, and unknown deepwater on a frag rack in higher light and flow as a temporary.

cody6766
01/29/2011, 06:00 PM
I would get 4 Evolution 1400s or a pair of 1400s and a pair of 1050s. Multiple points of flow will allow you more options to eliminate dead spots and randomize flow. You have a long, thin tank and that presents opportunity for a lot of dead spots behind the rock, in the corners.

Drewbaby
01/29/2011, 07:33 PM
Also my rock scape is laid out so that I have a center island with ~3" of room between the front glass and the rock and the same behind the rock. The sides have about 5" of clearance between the rock and the glass. No rock touches the glass in my tank.